Parents Good Breakfast for Early Competition Time

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter also likes the waffles the best for those really early meets, plus I can do her hair while she is eatting. I also pack cut up apples for a snack either in the car or at the meet--hope she has a great meet and has a lot of fun :)

We also pack protein bars or a k-bar and water, but she rarely touches them during the meet, unfortunately. One meet last year, I could literally see her get fatigued before the last 2 events, and I wished that I could tell her to go eat some of her snack and drink water!

Flipper needs to eat every hour or two just to maintain energy. I have always packed good snacks in her gym bag that she never ate. I finally had a chat with her coach and asked her coach to to tell Flipper to eat and make sure she does it. When using a lot of energy, Flipper NEEDS to eat but doesn't FEEL hungry. With help from her coach who now watches and makes her eat when she needs to, the problem has been solved.

Another idea for food for before/during meets - our doctor recommended Pediasure. We actually buy NutraPals which are similar to a milkshake loaded with vitamins and protein. She likes to sip on these throughout practice - chugging the entire thing and then trying to practice/compete is not a good thing!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back