Parents Good News/Bad News

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

iggy1988

Okay, here we go...

We did get her results yesterday afternoon - good news

no invites for A or B camp go out to Sunday afternoon - bad news

Apparently all coaches need to validate the scores by Friday, then the invites can be sent out...

As of right now, Cait is sitting at 2.78 points higher than last year's cutoff score for 9 yr olds. This would be for the B camp. So unless the scores are significantly higher all around for the 9 yr olds, then she has a good chance of being invited to the B camp...

We hold our breaths once again....

At least we are in Disney World for the next week or so... That is fun...

Sean:D:D

Passing time in Disney shouldn't be to hard!! The time must be dragging for you, keeping my fingers crossed for her, although either way, she is a champ!

Ahhh the suspense is killing me !!!! LOL !!

Enjoy Disney - are you staying at a Disney resort ? Got a tip for ya if so. Also, take advantage of the speedpass

Sean and Jen,

The suspense has to be killing you guys, especially Cait. Yikes.

Hope the girls have fun performing at Disney and that you all have a great time. :)

wow that is a LOT of waiting...but what a great place to have to wait!

Here is hoping that the waiting brings fabulous news!!! We have a couple girls from our gym who are supposedly on the cusp of the "b" team as well. I am so nervous for them and their families. Too bad they can't be in Disney too!:D

Heck, the suspense is killing me! You guys must be going crazy. Sounds like she has a good chance though :)

Oh thats not bad news you rat, my heart dropped for a second there.

That's all great news, including the DIsney trip. Have a blast and relax in the full knowledge that Cait has scored so well. No matter what happens she'll always have that GREAT score.

Say "Hi" to Mickey for me.

I hate waiting.

No let me rephrase that, I loathe waiting.

But hey, you are at the happiest place on earth. We head down on the 10th. can't wait.

Did you get any of the iPhone apps for Disney yet?

That's great news! I'm going to assume she made it, based on her exceeding the scores from last year. It's the only way I can deal with waiting!! (Queen of impatience here!) She must have put a lot of effort into achieving such a great score.

Ok, now that the testing is over, could someone please explain to this ignorant Canadian exactly what TOPs entails? What happens at A and B camps? I assume they're divided by scores, but is there a huge advantage to be on the A team vs B? Other than having an idea of the skills tested (which seem a lot like the skills my dd trains daily, and tests at move up time) and knowing it's a very exclusive and extremely talented group who go on to National testing, I don't really understand the benefit.

Help me out please:D

Oh thats not bad news you rat, my heart dropped for a second there.

I guess I didn't look at in from that angle but I am not sorry anyways. The grief you have caused me by making my wife's post about Doc Ali sticky makes me feel no remorse... She must ask me ten x a day if I ever had a post stickied... LOL

You are killing me BOG, killing me... :D:D:D

Sean

I guess I didn't look at in from that angle but I am not sorry anyways. The grief you have caused me by making my wife's post about Doc Ali sticky makes me feel no remorse... She must ask me ten x a day if I ever had a post stickied... LOL

Sean

Payback can be quite rewarding eh? Stickied posts are very, very rare on the CB. Your wife is a very special lady! Now suffer that one.....:D

Us Moms have to stick together!

I can see many hours spent creating posts that might just be sticky worthy.;)

That's great news! I'm going to assume she made it, based on her exceeding the scores from last year. It's the only way I can deal with waiting!! (Queen of impatience here!) She must have put a lot of effort into achieving such a great score.

Ok, now that the testing is over, could someone please explain to this ignorant Canadian exactly what TOPs entails? What happens at A and B camps? I assume they're divided by scores, but is there a huge advantage to be on the A team vs B? Other than having an idea of the skills tested (which seem a lot like the skills my dd trains daily, and tests at move up time) and knowing it's a very exclusive and extremely talented group who go on to National testing, I don't really understand the benefit.

Help me out please:D

CGM,

It would take me forever to go into all the details but basically you get tested on 10 excercises/tests.... It is for 7-11 yr olds. The take all of the scores throughout the country for each age group. The had approx 2,700 girls this year test...
7-8 yr olds make a diamond level. That is the highest level and is a very big deal. They do not get invited to the ranch for testing...

9-11, they invite down approx the top 100 of each age group. This year they invited down around 240 girls... They evaluate them at the ranch (what Cait just did), they add up the scores and invite approx the top 20 in each age group to the A camp and approx the next 20 to the B camp... They go for three days in December for a camp like setting. No competition really. There is not really any difference between the camps except for one big thing...

A camp is completely paid for, air, room, food, camp etc....
B camp is not paid for by USAG

I hope that helps. Below is the link the TOPs homepage...

:: USA Gymnastics :: Women's Elite-Pre-Elite-TOPs

That is more than I expected to type but I figured if my wife answered first it would get stickied... LOL

Sean:)

Thanks for the link and the explanation! I knew it was a big honour to go for the National testing, but didn't realize the true depth of talent Cait faced to get there. Now I'm even more impressed:D

I'll be saying a few prayers for *A* team placement. If your financial situation is as yucky as mine, *A* camp would be a real blessing!

Oh, and you're going to have to be far more profound to earn a sticky...even I could see that your post didn't offer the eloquence, nor the insight that was offered by your wife. (Patting you on the back) We all have different gifts, Sean. Perhaps yours was the ability to choose a wonderful partner?!?

We need to add a non thank you button because this would be a perfect opportunity to use it. For example

Bogwoppit and Canadian gym mom

posts - eleventy billion
thanked - 4,324,435
non thanked -2 big times by iggy1988:p

Oh Iggy now that is funny. It's a bit like Facebook where you can like, but you can't unlike, just doesn't help with the whole range of emotions.

I missed all this back and forth and sticky stuff and it had me cracking up. So funny. No wonder we all love the CB so much, so many awesome people. :D

And I HATE that there is no dislike button on Facebook, would it be that difficult?

Sean

Now Jen and I have something else in common!! I have a stickied post, too! LOL :D:D

Now Jen and I have something else in common!! I have a stickied post, too! LOL :D:D

But who's stickied post has the most views?

cough,cough...mine...cough, cough.

Last edited by a moderator:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back