Off Topic Got any skills recently?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Em09

Gymnast
You or your kids get any new skills recently? It is very exciting getting a new skill, so tell the gymnastics community!

Sometimes we all need to show off our/our kids skills!

State is finished, training for regionals, but starting to factor new skills into workouts, so nothing exciting yet. I am training for 7. I'm still experimenting with a beam series...probably BWO BHS, FWO BHS, or maybe two BHS? My goal is to get my giant before summer.

You or your kids get any new skills recently? It is very exciting getting a new skill, so tell the gymnastics community!

Sometimes we all need to show off our/our kids skills!
I got and recently competed my ro bhs tuck and I was super close to a kip and I got a cast flyaway

I only recently started but got an elbow stand and chin stand. Stag and double stag variants of both too.

I've been doing a bit of uptraining, mostly just for fun, as we are nearing the season's close, and I caught my jaeger over the pit bar which was super exciting. I also have been experimenting on vault and put a full twist to my yurchenko over the pit for fun, and I got my one and a half dismount on beam.

Ever since my daughter started her high school gymnastics season, she has started to get skills real fast. She got her ro bhs bhs a few months ago (after not even having a standing bhs last season!) and got her kip last month but hasn't gotten her kip since. She also got her bwo on beam in 20 days (from low beam with mats to high beam without mats)! She was so happy! She is working on front tucks and aerials on floor, but unfortunately, it is a challenge because her high school doesn't have a spring floor.

My little miss learned two new skills today. She can now jump from the low bar to the high bar and then followed it up with a baby giant. She is only Step 1 (different country/system) and they normally don't learn those until Step 4 or 5, so she was pretty pleased with herself :)

My daughter's season is over so she has started working on upgrades. I wouldn't say she's mastered anything yet, but she has shown me videos of her Rudi and double tuck into the resi which is great progress. She was a first year level 10 this season but did not compete floor because of an earlier injury and just not having skills back for level 10. On beam she's working on replacing her back tuck with a front toss which she said is going well. And on bars she's working on connecting her jaeger with her shootover and also her blind full. Lots of progress already and it's only been about 3 weeks of uptraining.

Last night started walking on rudis after getting my front full not long ago! Also straddle 1 1/2 and even a few double back pikes into the pit off the tumble track. I didn't do too bad!

Update! My son just got his double back on rings and his giant dismount! He will soon be starting double back on hibar and a half-in/half-out on rings. And he also just got his Japanese handstand from his middle split! Level 8 is going to be an awesome year!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back