C

cher062

DD did well this weekend at her meet

VT - 8.75 8th
UB - 8.70 2nd
BB - 8.40 4th
Fx - 8.65
AA 34.50 4th

Not bad after coming back from an injury with only 2 meets under her belt this season
What I have noticed is that the Judgets are hard this year - not sure why but they are.
You know they are hard when they go out to 8 places and 6th place was a 7.65 and first is 8.85
Very few 9's at all - maybe its because she seems to have the 1st session of the day alot this season and the judges are not ready LOL who knows.

But over all a great meet.

Is this from her HS meet or club team? Great scores no matter what...congrats and good luck this season!

Club meet next HS meet is on tues or Wed

Last year she would score in the 9's so its hard to see less than that but with the judges at the meets we have been at being very tough those are the scores that seem to make it to the top 10.

This was the first meet she did her giants on the bar for the club and the floor and beam are new routines this season. Her vault she is doing a front handspring or a front handspring full - the full is new this season too. So alot of changes to her routines

I also left the camera on the washer when I left home so no photos or video with this one. I was kicking myself for forgetting it.

Congrats to her on a great meet and competing those giants! I guess it doesn't matter too much about the low scores as long as they are consistent, right? I for one do not understand optional or prep opt scoring AT ALL...I am trying to learn though. I bet it was kind of nice to have a meet during winter break without the stress of school, too. :)

LOL I could have done with out the 4 hour drive down there (big accident on the highway didn't go over 20 mph half of the way down) I would rather no meets during the breaks because that means they will have practice during the week of vacation (which they did) and that means plans for the holiday week are either cut short or changed completely.

Congrats!! I wonder if the judges there have been talking to the Missouri judges! LOL! It seems like the judging is pretty harsh around here! I always wonder why some states have girls scoring 38's and almost 39's while here it is really hard to get a 37 let alone a 38. (mind you my DD has never even scored a 36) but still often places fairly high.

And also, big kudos for getting to compete giants! Thats pretty awesome!!

got the official results today. In DD's group they went out to 8th place and she placed 8th on floor we found out but because they had a tie for 7th they didn't go to 8th. That stinks.

Great meet! Our state doesn't recognize ties so that has also happened to girls on our team (same score but no placement). When we went out-of-state for a meet ties were recognized and it was so strange for us. There were several girls standing on the same podium block regardless of AA.

If they went to the next winner it would have been the 9th place not 8th oh well she still did well.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back