Great News!!! It really can be the best of both worlds!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Ok, so some of you may know that dd's gym is starting an all star cheerleading program. The cheer coaches knew that dd started out in cheer and really wanted her to at least try out--ya know, get evaluated to see if it was something that she may be interested in. Well, I let her go to the try-out and they ended up keeping her for the whole 3 hr practice. She LOVED IT!! She got to work with the older kids in stunting and tumbling and seemed to mesh really well with everyone. They are full aware that she will be also doing MDL Level A next year and they are going to make sure that the practice days don't conflict. Dani's gym coach and the cheer coach already discussed her doing both and they are going to work together to make it work. So, it looks like we will try and do both next year. She will have gym 2 days a week and cheer 2 days a week. The competition schedule may be a bit tricky but we have a while to figure that all out.

Dani is thrilled about coming back to cheer and also being able to uptrain her Level A skills. Her Level 4 States is in 2 weeks so we are mainly focussing on that right now.

Thanks for letting me share!!!!

Oh that's great that she loved the set up and they loved her too. I am sure she'll manage to do both wonderfully. COngrats on the return to cheer, just don't go all cheer mom on us!

Thanks Bog! And don't worry--I will steer clear of the crazy moms and I think by having Dani do both, the 2 sports will help balance each other out. I've learned from experience that the way to survive cheer is to pretty much stay away from practices and don't talk to people too much!!!! LOL

Soooo happy for Dani that doing both is going to work out for her!!!! That is just wonderful that the coaches are willing together for her!!! Have fun Dani:D!!!

wow, she is going to be a busy girl (you too!) but it sounds like she is going to have loads of fun and really, that's what it's all about!:)

That is great news! She really is a talented cheer leader. Her stunting pics are amazing, no fear in the girl!! Glad that it has worked out for her to do both!!

What great news!! That is diffently perfect with the cheer program being at her gym and the coaches willing to work out the schedule.

That is great for Dani :). I hope she can do both. Just please don't let her quit gym for cheer ;-)

Thanks guys! And great to hear from you NYgymfan!!! Hope you are well. Don't worry--she isn't quitting gym--she loves it too much!! But she does love cheer too and this way she can do both without over extending herself. I'll keep you ya'll posted!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back