Off Topic Great Wolf Lodge

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Eveningdew

Parent/Coach
We spent this weekend at the GWL in Williamsburg, VA...WOW! We went through MWR who were able to work a deal for military/dod for $167, stay for 6 in a family suite. Great! When we got there I found out there was a "slight" change in our accommodations, they gave us the "grizzly suite"!!! My kids flipped out, I was speechless and my dh wasn't sure what the change meant. If you have never heard of the place go to www.greatwolflodge.com and sight beyound your wildest dreams will emerge! It can be 15* outside and snowing, you're inside sliding down giant waterslides and riding the waves in a wave pool with water/air temps of a balmy 84*! :D

On a slight serious side, all lifeguards are Ellis & Assoc trained, they are top notched pacing the decks with eyes alert on all swimmers, whistles in mouths and tubes ready at a moments notice. That's the safety side for me as a former LG instructor and LG up until a couple of years ago.

Most stays are fairly expensive starting around $200 if you can go mid-week. Prices go up in the winter time, imagine that! Take a look and if you have been, what did you think? :p

Have not been eveningdew... but that place sounds really great! I will have to check it out.... What branch is your dh in? can't recall. My hubby happily retired after 13 yrs in the air force about 8 yrs ago now (wow, time goes by so fast).

*** oooh, just went to the web site. I have friends that went to the one in WI dells and they really had a great time!!

My dh is a veteran of Navy and now works for them as do I. We are located @ NAS Pax River MD. He works for NavAir and I work for MWR. My dh served 6 years as an ET, put his money away for college and received 2 degrees after he separated...he separated in 1984, the same year I graduated from HS! :eek: Time sure does fly~:)

My team goes to a meet called the Vacation Classic at the Wisconsin Dells every year. We tend to call it the Kalahari meet, since that's where we stay. Unfortunatly, this year its at the Chula Vista Resort and waterpark. Here's hoping we have as much fun at this new waterpark. Oh and your right, there is something about it being mid-winter and having a balcony and a fire place. Its awesome.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back