WAG Greensboro Gymnastics Invitational Feb 12-14 2016

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Stormy

Coach
Proud Parent
Judge
Anyone know what the host hotel for this meet usually is. If not any recommendations on where to stay close to Greensboro Colesium? Also anyone know what day the Level 10s typically compete. We have never been to this meet before so any feedback on it would be great also. Have an awesome Labor Day weekend everyone!

We competed there 2 seasons ago. If I remember correctly the 10's went on Friday afternoon.. They also had more then 1 session of 10's. We just happened to be in that particular session. It was also the same time they hosted the American Cup and Nastia Cup so the actual meet sessions were based around that..

We stayed at the Marriott Downtown Greensboro. It was fairly close to the venue. I can't remember whether it was a host hotel or not.

My DD attended this meet a few years ago. I can't remember if there was a host hotel but we stayed at the Springhill Suites- I think it was about 10 minutes from the Coliseum. And I remember that the 10's actually competed on a Wednesday because the Nastia Cup was that Friday evening and they could still qualify at Greensboro.

My DD attended this meet a few years ago. I can't remember if there was a host hotel but we stayed at the Springhill Suites- I think it was about 10 minutes from the Coliseum. And I remember that the 10's actually competed on a Wednesday because the Nastia Cup was that Friday evening and they could still qualify at Greensboro.
Wowww...that is interesting.......a Wednesday meet would be awful........too much time off school.........already not happy that we are just going for a weekend because the airfare is so high! Oh well.........thanks for the hotel info

We competed there 2 seasons ago. If I remember correctly the 10's went on Friday afternoon.. They also had more then 1 session of 10's. We just happened to be in that particular session. It was also the same time they hosted the American Cup and Nastia Cup so the actual meet sessions were based around that..

We stayed at the Marriott Downtown Greensboro. It was fairly close to the venue. I can't remember whether it was a host hotel or not.
Thanks for the info.............Marriotts are usually good and I like their point system since I was actual able to get a free night recently.

That's right, it was a Wednesday.. I remember being there in the afternoon on a week day but was thinking it as Friday.. Now that you said Wednesday it all came back.. We actually left and drove back for the Nastia and American Cup instead of her missing several days of school. Ugh

There are several hotels within just a couple minutes from the complex. And lots more within a 15 minute drive. You could check the meet website to see if they have picked a host hotel yet. My experience has been that the discounts usually are not that great and I prefer to just stay at my preferred hotels. We are in Greensboro often for my son's swim meets and we like the Hyatt place because it offers more room, but it is about 15min away.

As for timing, the levels have been at different times all the years that we have attended so I think you are just going to have to wait for the schedule.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back