1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greetings From Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CanadianDad, May 18, 2017 at 2:24 PM.

1. CanadianDad

CanadianDad New Member Proud Parent

Canada Canada
    Hello! I just found out about this forum yesterday and have been reading through the threads all day today. My daughter, who just turned 7 last week, started gymnastics in September and is now training with the competitive team at our local club. My background is in competitive baseball and hockey, so this sport is all new to me and I am slowly making my way through all the rules, equipment, levels, etc. It has been a bit daunting but fun to learn about something new.

I love our gym and the joy it brings my daughter. All the families, coaches, and especially the kids have made the experience an amazing one for her, who would easily spend all day, every day at the gym if she could. Anyway, I just wanted to say hi and that I look forward to learning as much as I can in here!

MuggleMom, sce and bogwoppit like this.

2. LindyHopper

LindyHopper Member Proud Parent

USA USA
    Welcome! As you've already discovered, this is a great place to learn.

Ask questions if you've got 'em.

CanadianDad likes this.
  3. bogwoppit

bogwoppit Administrator Staff Member CBBC Board Member Former Gymnast

Canada Canada
    Nice to have another Canadian join us. Lots of gym dads here too.

sce and CanadianDad like this.
  4. CanadianDad

Canada Canada
    Thanks, I will!

5. CanadianDad

Canada Canada
    Hah, we just had our first competition and went all the way to Buffalo for it. It was great teambuilding for my daughter but also for me as I got a chance to meet the other dads and bond with them.

sce, DADGYMDAD and bogwoppit like this.
  6. DADGYMDAD

DADGYMDAD New Member Proud Parent

Canada Canada
    Weclome fellow canadian! You sound just like me when my daughter started competitive gym about 3 1/2 years ago. She just turned 8. It's been a fun ride so far

sce and CanadianDad like this.
  7. CanadianDad

Canada Canada
    Thanks! Yeah, I've been really enjoying the new sport and the dynamics have been surprising. For something that is generally considered to be an individual sport, all the girls are really supportive of each other and genuinely seem to want each other to succeed. That was something I hadn't expected but it is a very welcome surprise. I think our coaches work really hard to teach the kids about the importance of working together as a team.

txgymfan and gymmomx2 like this.
  8. NY Dad

NY Dad Active Member CB Booster Club Proud Parent

USA USA
    Another Dad! Welcome. I joined CB a last September when my dd7 joined pre-team. At the time I had no idea what she was getting into. My dd (and her gym) don't share much, so I mostly learn about gymnastics here. (By the way dd = dear daughter, it took me a while to figure that out)

I've enjoyed learning about the sport as well.

It sounds like you're at a great gym with a great coaches, parents and kids. You probably already know that you're very fortunate.

Please feel free to ask questions, share, brag or vent, we're all here for each other.

9. catou

catou Verified Coach Verified Coach Former Gymnast

Canada Canada
    Welcome! This time from a coach! Enjoy the ride, once you're hooked...

CanadianDad likes this.