Grip choices?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

TigerPawLove

Gymnast
In one of my other posts, I said I had a problem with rips and whatnot, and also I have very small hands, so it's hard for me to swing properly.

Tonight at Practice, coach said I can get Grips if I want, it's up to me, but my problem might just be with the set of bars we work on, (they are quite worn down, so they're slippery). Not trying to go against her, (I'm not one desperate for grips just to look cool), But I always put my hands where it is't worn down, and my problem doesn't change not matter what bars i'm on.

Another girl got her grips in the beginning of level three (she started late and is a big girl) and she told me that it's hard to get used to them. I'm in level 4, and I'm moving up soon anyway, so would it just be a good idea to get Dowel grips?

I liked the Nastia double buckle big swinger Dowel grips, would they be good for a teenager? Any other suggestions>

When I started wearing grips, I started right off the bat with dowel, just so I wouldn't have to go through the ordeal of using palm grips and then have to get used to dowel grips. I got mine from a company called Gynnastica I think? Dowel grips are hard to get used to, but what I did is for about 2 weeks I only wore them during my bar warmup, and then started to use them in practice. Once you get used to them though, they're really good to have, and I started ripping less when I wore them :)

If your level 4, you still have your kip to learn?!?! If so, I wouldn't recommend palm grips because they make kips harder to get. Since your already a teenager, I'd go straight for the dowels so you don't have to readjust later:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back