WAG Grip help please

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

suebee

Proud Parent
I seem to recall that there was a pic posted of how grips are supposed to fit. I searched, but cannot find it. Can anyone help me find it?

Other dumb questions from a clueless mom on behalf of a shy gymmie who doesn't want to ask the coach:

1. Do the buckles go near the thumb and the strap end toward the outside, or the other way around?

2. How far down on the fingers are the grip holes supposed to go? Are you supposed to push the grip down or is are the fingers just barely supposed to stick out of the holes?

3. Do you tighten the buckles as tight as possible and have them very snug?

4. The wristbands don't stay on her wrists - too big. If the grip tightens around it, does that matter? The grip will hold it in place them, right?

Anything else a new grip wearing gymmie needs to know?

1. I put mine with the strap toward the outside, but it doesn't matter imo. As long as they are on the same hand it shouldn't make a difference

2. They should be st the first/top "crease" in the finger.

3. I tighten mine 1 looser than the tightest as possible setting. It allows me to move them a little and doesn't hurt.

I made a long YouTube video on grips, you can watch it here

However I don't cover buckle grips much! I never used to own a pair but I do now!

Personally I wear them with buckles on the outside, mine are reisport and I think that's how they are meant to be worn.

But as long as you wear them the same each time I don't think it really matters. Just don't keep switching around. Always wear the left with the left hand etc..

And I wear them as tight as possible without killing my wrist and cutting off the blood supply because that's how I feel safest on the bar.
And yes the wristbands should be held in place with the grip!

Here is a picture of my buckle grips so you can see where my buckles are on my wrist.
Hope this helps!!
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1463929186.107174.jpg
ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1463929211.141659.jpg

Thanks!

So another stupid question. Dd is small and she buckles on the first or second hole. This means that when she's putting them on like what is shown in the above picture, the buckle ends up being by her thumb, or on the inside, not on the outside like in the picture.

Is that okay?

Thanks!

So another stupid question. Dd is small and she buckles on the first or second hole. This means that when she's putting them on like what is shown in the above picture, the buckle ends up being by her thumb, or on the inside, not on the outside like in the picture.

Is that okay?

Yes that is fine, as long as the grip on straight on the palm of her hand not going to the side!

Buckles pull up and out from the body :) And if her grips are too loose or dont fit quite right (either too loose, or too tight) or she fiddles with them, All Around Gold has these safety bands that secure the grips to the gymnasts wrists so they fit better and she wont have to re adjust them. @gymnastbecky naiked it with the pictures for you.

https://allaroundgold.com/collectio...nastx-x-band-safety-band-for-gymnastics-grips

I seem to recall that there was a pic posted of how grips are supposed to fit. I searched, but cannot find it. Can anyone help me find it?

Other dumb questions from a clueless mom on behalf of a shy gymmie who doesn't want to ask the coach:

1. Do the buckles go near the thumb and the strap end toward the outside, or the other way around?

2. How far down on the fingers are the grip holes supposed to go? Are you supposed to push the grip down or is are the fingers just barely supposed to stick out of the holes?

3. Do you tighten the buckles as tight as possible and have them very snug?

4. The wristbands don't stay on her wrists - too big. If the grip tightens around it, does that matter? The grip will hold it in place them, right?

Anything else a new grip wearing gymmie needs to know?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back