Grip Suggestions...please!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

P

peace.love.gymnast

Can any of you fellow adult gymnasts on here give me your suggestion for uneven bar grips? I definitely need some but haven't used any since I competed as a teen...no clue what brand/type is best now. All suggestions welcome & greatly appreciated! Thanks

What type of skills are you training? Do you need them for actual gripping or the bar or more for friction? If you don't feel you need the dowel you could just get a pair of palm guards, GK makes them and I think they are like $10. If you want dowel grips guess it depends, they are so personal it is like asking what is the best toilet paper. Two of the most popular brands are 10.0 and Riesport. I have heard Riesport are really long lasting but harder to break in while 10.0's ten spots are easier to break in but no quite as long lasting. But this is also relevent to how often you do bars, the discussion I have heard was from high level athletes that workout 15+ hours a week. And if you ask Dunno he will say US Glove (personally I have no experience with these but he is quite avid.)

Does your gym sell them or order them at all? Honestly that is the best way to get them, as your coach might have a perferance and they can fit you. Good luck!

I have the tensports, and I didn't even feel like they needed a break in period from the first swing. I had also tried US Glove(liked those, but prefer the velcro) and regular 10.0's but they were too narrow for me

I liked my Baile buckle grips but they stretched out pretty quick just working kips. I'm loving my Reisport grips. They've already lasted longer and I actually prefer the velcro to the buckle grips.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back