WAG Grip/Wristband problems

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Splat

Coach
Gymnast
I currently have double buckle grips and recently the metal part of the grip has started to really hurt/irritate my wrist. I have tried washing my wristbands to get the chalk out and that helps, but only for a day. I have tried taping my wrist then putting a wristband on top which has helped so far, however, it is kinda time consuming. Could it be because of the grips or should I just get new wristbands? Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

My son has the double buckle grips and his wrists are a mess....I wonder if that's why or if he isn't wearing the grips correctly...

Have you tried double wristbands? Never tried it myself, but one of my teammates has it and it seems to work for her. Otherwise, have more wristbands so you have a clean one each practice

I am finding this interesting. Mine does single buckle and I was considering double....but perhaps not. What is the difference between the two anyway, is it a personal preference?

I am finding this interesting. Mine does single buckle and I was considering double....but perhaps not. What is the difference between the two anyway, is it a personal preference?
I would believe it is all personal preference. I haven't really seen anything that would wake on think otherwise, other than the fact that with double buckle if one comes undone or breaks there is still another one, however, I'm not quite sure.

Having you tried placing a piece of bicycle tubing between the layers of prewrap before putting the wristbands on? My DD does this daily and has worked for her in keeping her wrist from being so bloody/ripped up.

Having you tried placing a piece of bicycle tubing between the layers of prewrap before putting the wristbands on? My DD does this daily and has worked for her in keeping her wrist from being so bloody/ripped up.
That sounds cool! Always up for new ideas.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back