Parents Grips bags are the nastiest things on earth

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

GymBeeMom

Proud Parent
I open my childrens' grip bags to find chalky, sweaty grips, wrist bands, tiger paws, and cheetas. Oh, and holey chalky nasty strap bar mittens. Could there be any thing more gross on earth?

At least yours use a grip bag. D tends to just throw it all in his gym cubby or his gym bag. As is. Not in a bag. .

And we cleaned out his cubby once and found 21 socks....not22, not 20, 21. Gym cubbies are disgusting too!

At least yours use a grip bag. D tends to just throw it all in his gym cubby or his gym bag. As is. Not in a bag. .

And we cleaned out his cubby once and found 21 socks....not22, not 20, 21. Gym cubbies are disgusting too!

This^^^^
The socks, the underwear, the disgustingness. We recently moved gym locations, and the number of my daughter's socks we found in the pit, under the trampoline, under the tumbling track.... Dear lord. Actually after cleaning out a gym for a move, I just realized that all gymnasts are disgusting.

:)

I always wondered how underwear ends up in the pit? We encountered that once when our gym moved locations. Mind boggling.

You would think my teen DD would be better at keeping her grip and gym bags clean, but unfortunately that isn't the case. I think some of them just get used to the ick.

I used to think it was just my DD until her bag got mixed up with another gymmies and I found nasties in that bag too! I was just glad mine wasn't the only one!!

My daughter stinks to high heaven after she takes off her grips. What's up with that? I always feel sorry for the coach that has to work with her right after bars.

Hockey bags are the absolute worst but I have to say that grip bags are a close 2nd.

I love the wrist bands that are so dirty that they are crusty and no longer stretch ! Gross and time to wash!

I just cleaned out dd's gym bag from the week. She runs first so she goes in socks and sneakers, comes out in flip flops. I just took out 4 pairs of dirty socks and thought of your thread! :)

I am afraid of my daughter's grip bag. I try not to breathe through my nose when I have to handle it. She has forbidden me from washing her wrist bands...I am going to try to sneak in new ones when she isn't looking.

Yes. New wrist bands are a must. we had a gymnast develop blood poisoning from his. We wash or change ds regularly

Ugh grip bags are gross!
Our gymnasts have bags and lockers and they still manage to misplace their own belongings so on occasion we have to go through their bags to make sure they have their own guards, loops, gloves, wristbands etc and they stink!! The amount of mouldy banana skins we find is amazing too! Glad they are eating healthily, but really? We have bins!!!

We're only doing tape grips so far, and dd is supposed to go through and clean her gym bag every week.... So far no uber stinky surprises!
My other dd does ballet, and talk about stinky... The variety of dance shoes all have their own distinct aroma, lol!

I am secretly glad I don't have any football or hockey players though, in my mind those must certainly smell worse...!

Ds's soccer bag is pretty gross. Goalie gloves STINK when they are rained on and put inside a water proof bag. Add in dirty socks and oh my! Gym ds's grip bag isn't nearly as bad since he uses a grip bag inside a gym bag and a separate snack bag :). We just need to remember it all!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back