Parents Grips for uneven bars

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

DADGYMDAD

Proud Parent
Hi everyone,
my daughter is currently training in Canada, she would be like a level 7 in U.S. The thing is, she is tiny, she is 7 turning on 8 in 3-4 months. Small and light. under 48 inches and around 47 pounds I believe.
She is trainging hard at every apparatus but seems like she might even be too small to wear grips. She had tried it, of course she does not feel in control wearing them as her hands covers only half the size of the bar. She does kip,handstand and 3 giants without any grips but her hands are getting more and more worn with her doing 10 to 15 giants in her sessions at bar... no blisters though, just relly tough skins. should she keep this path as long as she likes ??????? or should she wears her grips even if it doesn't feel right ?

Tape grips. We just had a L7, ditch her grips for tape grips.

My dd is about the same size (a little taller, the same weight) and wears narrow Ginnasta grips. If I recall, she did not even get the smallest size. I think she has the second smallest size, the 00. The smallest size is a 000. Dd had a little adjustment when she first started using them, but the adjustment period was pretty short and she has not had any complaints.

Does her coach say the grips she has are too big?

A little but it is the smallest available. So far, doesn't seem to be a problem as she would rather practice bars without them and it is not stopping her to achieve any skills. Never complains about pain on her palms but it will probably change as she gains weight.

You may want to look into the Ginnasta grips, then. Their customer service is great and you can call and talk to them. I was told by dd's coach that the narrow Ginnasta grips are perfect for dd's small hand and she probably would have struggled more with a wider grip (Ginnasta also makes a regular width grip). Honestly, my dd's adjustment to grips was very minimal.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back