Grips Question

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I'm 19 years old and just started going to an adult gymnastics class. I was wondering if i should buy beginners or dowel grips? I wont be doing any higher skills like giants or anything for quite a while so that's why i was thinking the palm grips, but others say that dowel grips are better for larger gymnasts (adults). So, what should i do? Thank you :)

Ask your coach what their opinion is. Really, once you start doing lots of tap swings and high bar work, there isn't too much of a need for them. The palm guards don't really seem to do anything to me ( I had a pair before dowels). But, at the same time, getting dowels can help, because once you DO start doing more bar work and are ready to move to dowels, you've already got them. But right now, I wouldn't worry about it. That's just my opinon though, like I said, best to ask your coach :)

I would ask your coach what their opinion is. I would say probably dowel grips if you're going to the high bar. But that's just my opinion.

It's probably good to let you hands get roughed up a bit first and learn what the bar feels like. I'd wait until you're working kips and then get dowel grips.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back