WAG Grips recommendation?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

What grips do you guys recommend? I think I am going to have to buy new ones this week. I currently use English Bulldog but I want to try something new because my current pair of grips got slick really fast. I was thinking Bailie, U.S glove or Ten-0 but I have no experience with any of those brands so! What brand of grips do you guys prefer to use?

We tried Gynnasta this time. DD loved them. She had them broken in by the first practice. Learned about them here on CB.

Ginnasta. My dd uses the double buckle ones. She was in love with them from the second they came in the mail. Now, her teammates have all switched to ginnasta grips. Everyone loves them.

I have to say Ginnasta as well! My DD LOVES them and according to her they really have no break in period and I can attest to the awesome customer service !! Plus they have a points program to earn money towards new grips or accessories on their website!

I really want to try those grips now! It helps that they are so much cheaper than English bulldog too! Thanks you so much guys! Do you guys prefer narrow or regular? I was using some girls grips the other day and they were pretty narrow. I kind of liked them (i thought it was easier to feel/grip the bar) but i'm not sure which one is better or preferred.

Another vote for Ginnasta, great grip, awesome customer service. My daughter uses double buckles. She has tried US Glove Hot Shots and Bailies and her fave is Ginnasta. Their long wrist bands are her fave, too.

According to Ginnasta site, narrow vs. wide will depend partly on the gymnasts weight. My daughter still uses narrow. Email them, their customer service is impeccable.

US Glove and Ginnasta are basically the same grip...both are great. Both break in very quickly.

I say this because...

Prior to founding Ginnasta USA, Greg was co-owner of Tiger Paw. He was also the pattern designer of Tiger Paw wrist supports as well as some of the best selling grips in the industry. Additionally, he developed production techniques for the manufacturing of these products.

The above statement is from Ginnasta's "about us" page. In summary...he used to make US Glove grips.

If you're more than 80 or 90 lbs you probably want regular grip. It says narrow can go up to 115 or 120 but it's better to go ahead and go regular unless you're tiny.
I've been a fan of US glove and Ginnasta. Right now I have US glove. Both are great. Both have very short break in times.

Reactions: JBS
Claire is 11 and 72 lbs, she has the US Glove hot shots and has been pleased, this year was our first year away from pixie grips. We tried a friends millenia and they were just a little "bulky" for her hand coming off the pixie's. This was a nice transition. As she get closer to 100 lbs, I imagine she will move to the millenia.

I bought both of my DD's Ginnasta grips at the end of last season (April). YD L4 loves them and continues to use them. However, OD L8 scraped them after about two months of practice and went with Reisport. For her, the Ginnasta grips wore out very quickly (especially the finger holes) with the amount of work and skills a L8 gymnast trains. Also, I remember her telling me that there is a glider piece on the Reisport grip buckle that the Ginnasta grip buckle didn't have and it makes them a lot easier to put on.

My daughter likes the Bailie single buckle. She likes the wider palm guard, and the stay-putness of the buckle, without having to buckle up a double row. She gets about 3-4 months out of a pair. For her, the finger holes get too big before the palm guard wears out. She has an adult-sized body, and trains L.6-7 skills. She has tried Ten-O, but finds the palm guard to be narrower. (some girls might prefer this)

What a great discussion to come back to, when we are pondering a grip change! (-:

I know we are probably in the minority, but my DD loves the protec reisport velcro. When she lost one at a meet and never found it, the protec ones were on backorder so she tried the Ginnasta ones, and also tried the reisport double buckle, I thought it would help her not to have to tighten them. She likes the thickness of the protec ones. I know that's not a popular choice, she is the only one in the gym that prefers them. Most of the other girls wear just the reisport velcro or double buckle.

After questioning this myself a few weeks ago, we decided to go with Ginnasta and my DD loves them. She got the zebra ones and loves the long wrist bands! Not sure about the durability.

My little has had her current ones for over a year working level 4/5/6 skills. They still fit well but she mentioned they are not gripping as much as they used to. Bought a grip brush to try and rough them up a bit (since she insists she doesn't want new ones) and I ordered two pair of the ginnasta this weekend (one Velcro and one single buckle for her to test). With a month til her first comp of the season, it sounds like I should hang on to her Reisport regardless, just in case. Seems to be a lot more choice available in the US. Options here are the reisport or US glove...and heaven help you if you NEED new grips because finding your kids size without special ordering is near impossible.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back