WAG Grips too small... could they work?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I got the grips that I have now, that fit good a year and a half ago. My coach said that I should buy a pair of back up grips incase my regular grips break or tear. That was 4 months ago. My grips are still fine but we still bought the back up grips just incase and my coach and I measured my hand. Based on the website I was getting them at it said I would be a size 1. We bought them and when we got them they were very very tiny and they wouldn't let us return them even though I only took them put of the bag. So I had to pay another $50 for a new pair at a size 2. And of coarse once we got them they were to small again. I didn't want to have to pay $50 for a new size so I was wondering if these look like they would be able to work.

It's not such a big deal right now because I love my regular grips and they work fine, but I just don't want to have to buy another pair after the pair I have now.

Here is a picture

ImageUploadedByChalkBucket1390866936.098897.jpg

(The rubber band is there so I could get an accurate picture of how long they are)

I personally like grips that I can fully extend my hands in and these I can not do that at all.

Looks like I am not getting grips from that website again.

What do you all think? Thanks :)

I don't think they will work. Sorry. Maybe you could sell them to somebody in the gym or on ebay. It wold get you some of your money back... then you can get new grips from a site that allows returns.
http://www.ten-o.com/Grips.html
This site allows returns as long as you don't actually USE or ALTER the grips first - like if they are the wrong size. They also will accept a hand tracing to help you get the right size. AND their most expensive grips are only $46.50... they have some nice ones for under $40.
You are suppose to be able to extend 160º to 170º in women's bar grips.

Too small, not safe. Maybe you can sell them to someone at the gym for a few bucks less than you paid.

There's no way you are as weird as me but my grips were like my babies and when my coach told me I had to get new ones because they were so worn I was sad. When I was forced to retire my grips I actually wrote all over them with sharpie. I wrote some quotes that I like and I wrote all the skills I had learned when I was wearing those grips and the meets that I had won bars wearing them. I still have them in my room at home.

If worse comes to worse maybe you can do that with your too small grips.

Funny story about breaking in my second pair of grips(Well I think its funny and a gymnastics forum is my best bet for someone else to think it is funny too ;) ).I really didn't want to break in the new grips because it is the worst.My coach said half the practice on bars you can wear your old grips and then the second half you have to put your new grips on and break them in by doing kips and tap swings etc. Well the last turn I have in the first half of practice I pulled into the bar on my double back and ended up separating my shoulder so I couldn't get back on the bar. So my coach started telling everyone that I really didn't want to break in my new grips.

Sorry, but those aren't even close.....I think your ruler may have been broken! ;) That's why I always measure my girls, and do the ordering. If I were your coach, I would call the company for you and say 'hey, I have a girl that got a pair of grips from you that don't fit. They haven't been chalked or altered, and we would like to exchange them for a pair that fits.' If they said no, I would let them know that I buy LOTS of grips every year and know many colleagues that do as well. I would also let them know that it would probably be a wise financial investment into their future to exchange the grips, or they can write off any and all of our business and anyone else we could tell! Hopefully that will work, or you can do as someone else said, and try and sell them to another girl at your gym. Hope it works out for you.

Thanks everyone for all the replies! I guess I could try to sell them. Does anyone recommend a brand of grips that are easy to break in? Thanks :)

Thanks everyone for all the replies! I guess I could try to sell them. Does anyone recommend a brand of grips that are easy to break in? Thanks :)

I like double buckle bull dog grips they lasted 4 years and never had a problem with them. I still wear them from time to time but I don't get to play around in the gym much anymore.

Hope this helps!

My DD just got grips from english bulldog. They take returns as long as they haven't been used/altered. (you do have to pay for the return shipping)

I got the grips that I have now, that fit good a year and a half ago. My coach said that I should buy a pair of back up grips incase my regular grips break or tear. That was 4 months ago. My grips are still fine but we still bought the back up grips just incase and my coach and I measured my hand. Based on the website I was getting them at it said I would be a size 1. We bought them and when we got them they were very very tiny and they wouldn't let us return them even though I only took them put of the bag. So I had to pay another $50 for a new pair at a size 2. And of coarse once we got them they were to small again. I didn't want to have to pay $50 for a new size so I was wondering if these look like they would be able to work.

It's not such a big deal right now because I love my regular grips and they work fine, but I just don't want to have to buy another pair after the pair I have now.

Here is a picture

View attachment 4223

(The rubber band is there so I could get an accurate picture of how long they are)

I personally like grips that I can fully extend my hands in and these I can not do that at all.

Looks like I am not getting grips from that website again.

What do you all think? Thanks :)

put your fingers in the holes, turn your hand sideways, open your hand up and then take the picture and post it. there is no way to tell without doing what i just said. :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back