WAG Grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymnastca25

Proud Parent
What are the best grips to buy for a 9 yr old 65 lb level 7? Her hands measure 5.75 inches from wrist to tip of middle finger. (Just to give an idea of size) She is used to Bailie beginner dowel grips with buckles but they are completely worn out. Her new gym uses Velcro gsgrips but she hates the feel of them. They are so bulky on her hands. Thanks!

DD loves her double buckle hot shots. She had pixies for level 4 and 5 (age 9 and 10) then hot shots for 11 yo level 6. Got another pair for Level 7. (They are the full leather cuff ones)

Should I do single or double buck? If I do single, do I get the leather cuff one if she is 65 lbs? Is the size chart accurate?

I would get leather cuff
Dd says single or double buckle doesn't make a difference.
Yes, size chart is perfect so far for us (two for two)

I guess I will get single buckle since she is 9 and the rest of her team has velcro. It might take her too long to do double buckles.

My dd's bar coach always suggests sizing down when in between sizes. We use single buckle hot shots. She is 11 years old, 65 lbs, level 7.

My 10 year old possibly L7 in January has double buckles. She's the only one in her group with double buckles and it takes her way longer to get her grips on. The other girls with velcro or single buckle have a couple of turns at the bar before my daughter is done buckling.

My daughter has been using the Ginnasta narrow double buckles for a few years now and she loves them. She's 13 and a level 8, training level 9. She's used their velcro ones for level 5/6 and then switched to buckles. Great prices and fantastic customer service.

So dd's coach thinks that the wide grips are better because the dowel is bigger and it makes it easier for them to grip. Do you find that is true?

DD uses 10-0 501 blues single buckle grips. She's got 2 pairs and they've worked well and been great quality. The only thing is that she needs the finger holes sanded out a lot. She's just now 72 lbs, 12, and training 7.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back