Coaches grips

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

F

flipflopdreamer

If you have grips, do you need as much/any chalk?
How do I know what size grips to wear?
Should grips be worn at the knuckle or all the way down?
If you get a rip, should you wear tape grips or your own?

If you have grips, do you need as much/any chalk?

Lots of chalk...between the grip and your hand and also on top of the grip.

How do I know what size grips to wear?

It depends on the grips...there should be a size chart. At LeotardCrazy.com we have a size chart for each grip. If it is too difficult to understand, you can trace your hand and fax it in. We will size them for you.

Should grips be worn at the knuckle or all the way down?

Dowel grips at the knuckle...
Palm guards (beginner grips) all the way down.

If you get a rip, should you wear tape grips or your own?

Always your own.

Great questions...keep asking.

I agree with what JBS said. Also....
if you're wearing the dowel grips the finger holes should be at your first knuckle (maybe a little below). If you rip you can always put a tape grip on underneight your own grip to protect the rip from getting infected.

To check the sizing of your grip after you get them just ask your coach. If you're buying from Ten-O, I recommend getting a size one, unless you have really really small hands (then get a zero). I personally always wore size 2s--but you'll figure out which size you prefer as you wear them more.

If you're buying from Ten-O, I recommend getting a size one, unless you have really really small hands (then get a zero). I personally always wore size 2s--but you'll figure out which size you prefer as you wear them more.

Actually, I have huge hands. With a 9-inch span, they're the same size as my 6'3 dad's hands(I'm 5'5).

Actually, I have huge hands. With a 9-inch span, they're the same size as my 6'3 dad's hands(I'm 5'5).

US Glove (usglove.com) will custom make grips if non of the sizes fit.

If you get Ten-0s, i'd say probably go w/ a 2. If they don't fit (note: don't fix the finger holes until you see if they fit correctly) you can send them back. I've never done custom fitting, but remember your grips will stretch out as you use them.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back