Parents Guess the scores-level 4

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Vault: 9.2 - The first vault was the better one, and it was very good.

Beam: 7.4 - A little wobbly, and some issues with her arms not being straight or even. Mostly it was just little things here and there but they add up. And of course the miss on the dismount. Glad she went right back for it though.

Floor 8.5 - Again just little things here and there but they do add up.

Ok, I'll try putting on one of those ugly blue judge's suits so here goes:

Vault: good strong run/hurdle--nice handstand--9.1-9.3
Beam: she looked unsure of herself(nerves??); lots of balance checks and she missed the dismount, but kudos for her getting up and doing it again. Also didn't look like she got her leg high enough in the arabesque--7.6
Floor: She's got all the skills and I like that she already knows to point those toes. Some leg seperation and minor stumbles. Again just looked a little unsure of herself. More meets and practice should help with that--8.0-8.2

Great job first off and awesome for her to get that beam dismount after the fall.

Vault - 9.4, First one looked great to me... Good run and a block, very nice.
Beam - 8.2
Floor - 8.5, great strength pussing that handstand to bridge when she was a little short

Well done for such a little one!

Vault - L4 is so hard to guess for a very good but not perfect vault; 9.0 - 9.7
beam - high 7s to low 8s
floor - mid to high 8s

I don't guess scores (well other than my DD's :D) but she did GREAT!!!

And she is adorable!!! She did a great job!

So adorable! You can tell she is really working on her form.

Vault - 9.4 - that 1st vault was spot on!
Beam - 8.3 - Love the determination to get the dismount right and her tuck jumps were solid.
Floor - 8.5 - I bet this might even have been higher depending on your region. Her big deduction maybe was her plank being a little piked. But she looked pretty sure of herself on the other skills. I bet she felt so proud afterwards!

She looks great for being so young and this being her first meet. My assessments would be about the same as flynga, though it depends on your region. She just looks very tentative on beam and floor, but that will improve with more meet experience. Her vault is great!

Wow! you guys are so much better than I am at this. I am still learning about recognizing deductions. :) So, here's her scores:
Vault- 9.6. Yes, that one was a huge surprise, but the vault judges' scores were higher for alot of our gymnasts than the meet before. I do know that the judges seem to like her run.
Beam- 8.250. I give her alot of credit for not letting the wrong dismount rattle her. She just hopped right back up and got it done. She's still having to really "think" her way through it, but this one was better than her previous meets.
Floor- 8.750. She's getting a bit more comfortable with the movements. This one was much better than the beginning of the season (Judges' Cup). I don't think that she still gets that the movement goes to the music, but it's getting there. :)

As I said, I'm still learning about all this so I appreciate the input! She has worked so very hard since moving up to team. You would not believe the change unless you'd seen her at the beginning of the summer. There were times I wondered if she would be ready to compete, but she had confidence in herself and so did her coaches. I have to say that gymnastics has been so very good for her because she is so shy! The fact that she will even get out there and perform in front of all those people makes me very proud.

Well from all we were told the Judges Cup is always tough. Pretty sure the one in K'Ville was just as the one in the Boro anyway.

I thought she looked great, and I admit that I went and looked up her scores after I posted my thoughts. :D

Anyway I thought she did great. And can't wait to see her at the Fall Festival!

She is SO cute and she did SO well! Amazing vault!!!!! Wow! Since you posted the scores, I won't guess:p but I will tell you that I saw your team compete last year at Huntsville and they were awesome! I can see that your little DD is awesome too!:) Absolutely awesome for a 6 yr old. Wow. Hope you are super proud of her...you should be!:)

I don't guess at scores either...that aspect of it is still a little new to me too...

but she is just adorable and sun to watch! great job!

Well from all we were told the Judges Cup is always tough. Pretty sure the one in K'Ville was just as the one in the Boro anyway.

I thought she looked great, and I admit that I went and looked up her scores after I posted my thoughts. :D

Anyway I thought she did great. And can't wait to see her at the Fall Festival!

Thanks! We actually won't be at the Fall Festival (got it confused with the one in Maryville), but we'll see you guys at State in December. Good luck this weekend- you guys are going to Intrigue this weekend, right?

oops my DD just informed me that your team was at Tiger Paw, not Huntsville! Well, either way they were awesome and so is your daughter!:D

Aw, that's sweet! I wish we were going to Tiger Paw this season. The moms from last year's team said that meet was so much fun. :)

Thanks! We actually won't be at the Fall Festival (got it confused with the one in Maryville), but we'll see you guys at State in December. Good luck this weekend- you guys are going to Intrigue this weekend, right?

Yep, we will be at Intrigue. thanks for the luck. :D

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back