Parents "Guess what" moments

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I

iggy1988

I guess I should clarify what I mean by a "guess what" moment. Whenever our gymmie has something good happen at the gym, be it a new skill, an award, whatever it may be, she always greets my wife or I with a "guess what." We, of course, go what and then she tells us whatever the news is. In fact, whenever my cell rings shortly after practice is over, I know I am about to have a guess what moment.

So the question is, how does your gymmie announce her good news with you?

Thanks in advance for sharing....

Sean:):)

Our announcements are usually a game of "guess who"

The dialogue goes as follows:

Bean-"guess who got their front ariel up to the high beam?"

Me- "(insert name of teammate)"

Bean-"guess again!" said while smiling shyly.

Me-systematically name every team member, including those who have quit, with Bean having me guess again each time..

Me- "well, who's left??? YOU??? NO...you couldn't have done that..." (smirking and kidding around.)

Bean- (full of pride) "yep!!! Yours truly!!"

We play a variation on this game everytime. She very rarely just comes out and says it:) Although, the game can end with a teammates accommplishments too. They're such a close group, she's equally thrilled by their new skills!

Cute topic choice!

Last edited:
Our announcements are usually a game of "guess who"

The dialogue goes as follows:

Bean-"guess who got their front ariel up to the high beam?"

Me- "(insert name of teammate)"

Bean-"guess again!" said while smiling shyly.

Me-systematically name every team member, including those who have quit, with Bean having me guess again each time..

Me- "well, who's left??? YOU??? NO...you couldn't have done that..." (smirking and kidding around.)

Bean- (full of pride) "yep!!! Yours truly!!"

We play a variation on this game everytime. She very rarely just comes out and says it:) Although, the game can end with a teammates accommplishments too. They're such a close group, she's equally thrilled by their new skills!

Cute topic choice!

I love it... Good stuff:D:D

I usually get a very animated and exuberant announcement like, "I did my kip!" or "Guess what I did on beam?" or "Ms. Kathy (her coach), Ms. Kathy!! Tell my mom what I did today!!!" When Dani comes out after practice bouncing off the walls and talking a mile a minute--that is when I can tell we have a "Guess What?!" moment!!!

So cute! I really love CGMs thing she does with Bean. I am so trying that the next time that Abby comes home with a guess what moment! :)

since I am usually in the gym helping out I don't get alot of those anymore. But when I do I am usually just pulled into the main gym by the arm and shown the new skill !

Gymmomntc2e6, you're SO lucky! Other than the 2 times I've visited and filmed, I'm never at the gym. Usually the 1st time I see a new skill is at a competition. I'd love to see a new skill the day it's acquired!

I get to see stuff sometimes, and I like it, but I would love to be wowed at meets sometimes, too. :) We stay now to save gas and because it is so blasted hot here and the gym is a much needed cool spot. Our house is really hot because we are trying to save money by not running the air so much. Yuck. And Mimi has a few little friends there and she plays. I don't watch a lot though. I usually bring my knitting or a book. If they are doing something interesting, someone always tells me. :) And I have missed stuff even when I am there because I am not watching. LOL. She hates when that happens.

Wow Mariposa, our gym doesn't have AC. Not a pleasant place to just hang out in the summer, really.

Allison usually just runs through the door shouting it out (we carpool and drive out and another mom drives back) so when she comes home really excited I know she has an announcement to make!

Beth tells me highs & lows for each event most days--so the high gets included in that. She rarely comes out and announces it on its own.

I get very animated sign language through the glass and DD has to show me right there and then. Then she will come out and ask me if I saw her. I of course play like I missed it and can't believe she can do such a skill. Then of course she has to run back inside to prove me wrong.

Cait was full of "guess whats" after her lesson today. She was so excited

BWO, BHS on beam
BHS, BHS on beam
BT on beam

All without a spot:D:D

Cait was full of "guess whats" after her lesson today. She was so excited

BWO, BHS on beam
BHS, BHS on beam
BT on beam

All without a spot:D:D

That is awesome ! Those skills amaze me. DD has worked BHS on beam with light spot. Can't imagine watching her try back tucks on it!

Way to go Cait !!!!!!

That is awesome ! Those skills amaze me. DD has worked BHS on beam with light spot. Can't imagine watching her try back tucks on it!

Way to go Cait !!!!!!

Thanks Gymmom, Cait says thanks too.. She is still excited about it.. I love when they get a confidence boost like this..:)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back