Parents Gym Change Was the Right Decision

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

We recently went through a very hard gym change with LOTS of hurt feelings on every side. It was an incredibly stressful time. Last night was my daughter's third practice at the new gym and after only around 15 minutes of working on it my daughter got her back handspring on the high beam so solid that she was able to do it 3 times in a row without the slightest bobble! At our old gym my daughter was being held back because "she couldn't get" the backspring on high beam. I really don't mean to disrespect our old coach, I think different coaching styles work for different children. I will say that I am so happy that we made the move!! The confidence growth that I am already seeing in my daughter is amazing.

I am so thankful for websites like this that helped me learn enough to even consider changing gyms. You all helped me see what we were missing and how things could be different. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
We’re in the process of a tough gym change so this post is so encouraging! Glad your daughter is thriving
Good luck to you!

Our gym change was so tough but now we have been at the new gym around 3 months and I can't tell you how great it has been. My daughter struggles with general anxiety disorder and we have seen such a great improvement in that since leaving our old gym. People outside our immediate family are commenting on the difference they see in my daughter, how she is so much happier!! If her improved mental health wasn't enough her gymnastics skills are growing as well. She is constantly having to clean up and even relearn things that she had been taught incorrectly but even so, she is thriving!!

Please be encouraged! Please continue to push for the best for your child and your family! I am so glad that I did.

Good luck to you!

Our gym change was so tough but now we have been at the new gym around 3 months and I can't tell you how great it has been. My daughter struggles with general anxiety disorder and we have seen such a great improvement in that since leaving our old gym. People outside our immediate family are commenting on the difference they see in my daughter, how she is so much happier!! If her improved mental health wasn't enough her gymnastics skills are growing as well. She is constantly having to clean up and even relearn things that she had been taught incorrectly but even so, she is thriving!!

Please be encouraged! Please continue to push for the best for your child and your family! I am so glad that I did.
Thank you so much!! Hopefully I’ll be able to post a similar update in a few months after the dust has settled.

Sometimes it is finding the right chemistry and environment for your athlete to attain their goal. Don’t feel limited or the need to be exclusive to the gym but do check out the other gym(s) to see the potential opportunities for improvement and how well your athlete will adjust.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back