Gym Closed?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymk8nyc

Gymnast
My gym never reopened since March, so I've been out for nearly 10 months now. Is anyone's gym still closed/closing again?

Edit: I am in NYC, cases are high here again.

I'm in Westchester, our gym permanently closed over the summer. We found another about 25 mins away and so far it's remained open

We reopened in May. We're still open, with severe capacity restrictions at this time.

We reopened in late May here in CO. We have had a couple of almost closures...the latest that a gym can have 10 people per ROOM...so our gym has hung ceiling to floor plastic sheets to divide our gym into 8 rooms (beam area, tumble track, floor, beam, bars, vault, boys area, and classes)... it is a bit like the hazmat zone from ET, but it allows us to stay open and have practice. I suspect by Christmas we will be closed again, but fingers crossed we can stay open...

Upstate. Opened in July, been open since. Recently instituted stricter protocols: everyone now to be masked at all times. I figure we have somewhere in the neighborhood of a week or so left before we shut down again.

We moved to more strict mask requirements recently. I would be surprised if we don’t close or at least reduce hours by the end of the month.

Northern California - closed in March, opened mid June, with capacity limits, masks and distancing requirements. Closed again in August for 3 weeks, opened in September. Closed middle of November, I'm guessing we'll be lucky if we can be open at the end of January.
What gym in NorCal?

We reopened in late May here in CO. We have had a couple of almost closures...the latest that a gym can have 10 people per ROOM...so our gym has hung ceiling to floor plastic sheets to divide our gym into 8 rooms (beam area, tumble track, floor, beam, bars, vault, boys area, and classes)... it is a bit like the hazmat zone from ET, but it allows us to stay open and have practice. I suspect by Christmas we will be closed again, but fingers crossed we can stay open...
Same for our gym. We have plastic ‘walls’ everywhere. It’s like wandering through a corn maze to across the gym. Lol

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back