Parents Gym Frustration!!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

:eek: Man I am so frustrated with the gym my DD goes to. They are still new about 6 months old. However they keep changing my DD's schedule around. 1 week it's mornings the next week evenings. She is home schooled and the coaches met with us to see if the morning schedule would work so we rearranged things to make that happen they also went up on tuition for the mornings (5 days a week). Now things keep coming up and you never know when the schedule will change. Which messes up our schedule. Our DD is very structured and this creates melt downs for her. What's a parent to do? Any suggestions?

I think you identified alot of the problem saying the gym was just 6 mos old. They're still trying to figure out when its best to have different groups in for practice, but changing schedules all the time will drive some parents away. You need to discuss the schedule changing with the HC or owner and see if you can lock them in on a schedule for the rest of the school year.

I agree. I think they're still trying to figure out what works and what doesn't. Perhaps a little conversation with the powers that be to discuss the options and work out one scenario that will work at least through the school year. Changes can be made over the summer or for next year if needed.

I would also agree that with the gym being so new you have to be a bit flexiable. That being said they should try to accomidate the parents with as few changes as they can. We are at a gym that has been operating for 18 years and we get a lot of those last minute schedule changes it is sort of the nature of the beast. I mean we have had practice cancelled on one night because the news were coming on another and we had like 3 days notice to rework that. They are always good reasons when this happens but it does happens. I think the month of Aug we had a ton of changes just with the summer schedule changing and then adding in the news, and pictures and such. It all worked out in the end but those last minutes are very frustrating.

GYM Frustration

I would also agree that with the gym being so new you have to be a bit flexiable. That being said they should try to accomidate the parents with as few changes as they can. We are at a gym that has been operating for 18 years and we get a lot of those last minute schedule changes it is sort of the nature of the beast. I mean we have had practice cancelled on one night because the news were coming on another and we had like 3 days notice to rework that. They are always good reasons when this happens but it does happens. I think the month of Aug we had a ton of changes just with the summer schedule changing and then adding in the news, and pictures and such. It all worked out in the end but those last minutes are very frustrating.

Our dd was at a gym for amost 3 years. However she burned out bad did not want to ever do gymnastics again would not evan talk about it. Her coach suggested this gym and she is very happy. She is so structured that when her coaches change things at the last minute she melts down and has a hard time with it:confused:

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back