WAG Gym newsletter?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Sminty

Proud Parent
Our gym is rather uncommunicative and I've been thinking that some sort of newsletter might be helpful. Before I propose (and volunteer for!) such a thing, I'd be interested to hear the following:

1) Does your gym send out a regular newsletter?
2) How often?
3) Who is responsible for putting it together? Gym owner? Coach? Boosters?
4) What's included? Is it meant for the whole gym or just team?

Thanks!

1. No
2. Our gym owner/coach sends out an email to parents on team on an as needed basis. Sometimes we get them once a week and sometimes once a month.

We are too lazy for a newsletter... however, I do keep up the team website which automatically sends out weekly / monthly (depending on parental preference) updates when there are changes... or when HC asks me to send out an email, I do!

My gym send out an emailed version weekly detailing what's coming up and etc. the email is just listed with things like upcoming events, physio corner class cancelations, placings at comps, sponsors, words from coaches and is sent to everyone at the gym. A specific newsletter for team or rec or kinder gym is handed out once a term.

No. Information is communicated as needed. Newsletters are nice, but information is not timely and it's redundant. I don't think it should come from the boosters. It's not their role to communicate gym information. If it comes from anyone it should be the gym.

Our gym is rather uncommunicative and I've been thinking that some sort of newsletter might be helpful. Before I propose (and volunteer for!) such a thing, I'd be interested to hear the following:

1) Does your gym send out a regular newsletter? ELECTRONICALLY
2) How often? EACH MONTH
3) Who is responsible for putting it together? Gym owner? Coach? Boosters? OWNER
4) What's included? Is it meant for the whole gym or just team? WHOLE GYM
5) (MY ADDITION) IS IT USEFUL? NOT REALLY....

Thanks!

I guess i'm wondering what type of info you're hoping to get from such a newsletter....our owner sends out an electronic type of update every month but as a prior poster said, the info is pretty old by the time we see it. I think it would be a lot of work for very little value...

We don't have have a news letter per say , but once something big comes up like, leotard order forms, sleepover letter, fundraising forms, they get put in the girls mailboxes at the gym. I think our office worker and the head coach out those things together

I guess i'm wondering what type of info you're hoping to get from such a newsletter....our owner sends out an electronic type of update every month but as a prior poster said, the info is pretty old by the time we see it. I think it would be a lot of work for very little value...

Thanks for your feedback. I was thinking it would be nice to keep people in the loop about what's going on in other parts of the gym. Other than my daughter's specific training group, we have no idea...

The rec girls get a diff newsletter than the team girls, but one goes out every other month or so. Just updating parents on upcoming events (fun meets, parent nights out for rec girls, and team schedule, comp reminders for team). I find it useful, especially leading into season or summer as those are times when there are lots of changes and updates. The owners put it together and send it out...

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back