Gym opening data in the US by state

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

My daughter starts tomorrow and I am really hopeful that she will be happy to be back at the gym. During the quarantine the gym owner and coaches cleaned, rearranged, and got new equipment for the gym. It looks the best I have ever seen it (we have been going for 10 years now) and I am super excited for her to get back into the new and improved gym. I just hope she is not too hard on herself when she finds she has lost skills. She is such a perfectionist. She has been working out a lot since her school ended a couple of weeks ago and looks to be in pretty good shape, but she is really hard on herself when she can't do something, especially bars. I have heard that bars is the hardest event to get back into so we will see. She will be driving herself now since she got her license so I guess the good thing is that I won't have to deal with her when she gets into the car after a bad practice!!

You might be surprised. My kids came back and aside from some ankle weakness, they were pretty much back to normal. One even got her kip back that she hasn't had in almost a year due to growth issues (granted, her mom told me she was conditioning every day we were out of the gym...since mid-March).

Our gym opened yesterday, but the Boys team hasn't heard anything on when we might be able to get back in the gym. The complete lack of knowing sucks!

We have brought our WAG team back but not our MAG team, we are only allowed a maximum of 20 people in the gym at a time, including staff, parents etc. The WAG girls have competitions coming up, but MAG will not be until at least October, and the WAG girls are in general a higher level and train more hours so the longer their time off, the more risk getting them back into the gym. They also have more equipment, which is more spread out so we could clean and social distance without more ease. The boys have a smaller area and most of their equipment uses their hands.

Sure it’s not fair, and the boys are itching to get back into the gym, but we have to work around the paramenters set by the government and we had to make a choice.

Michigan gyms are still closed. No date set to reopen that I have heard. Stay at home order was lifted earlier this week and gyms can now hold practices outside for a certain number of gymnasts. Have not heard anything yet from our gym about potential outdoor practices. So tough...

Michigan gyms are still closed. No date set to reopen that I have heard. Stay at home order was lifted earlier this week and gyms can now hold practices outside for a certain number of gymnasts. Have not heard anything yet from our gym about potential outdoor practices. So tough...

Well, looks like we'll be able to get our nails done but we can't have 20 kids in a 20,000 square foot gym. So much for using science to determine what can reopen.

In WA, the governor just added "team gymnastics training" to modified phase 1. It was already allowed (along with rec in small groups) in phase 2. That means all gyms in WA in counties that are beyond initial phase 1 can now open for team in groups of 5 or less (not counting the coach) with social distancing and sanitation measures in place!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back