Anon Gym Options In/Around Syracuse NY

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Hello CB Folks,

My family is considering a move to Syracuse NY and I'm wondering what the gym options are like up there. My DD is a very serious, home schooled, compulsory gymnast and we're looking for a place that's equally serious. A day program would be a plus, as would a proven track record of turning girls into competitive level 10s/elites. I'm not sure if elite is my daughter's ultimate path (she claims so) -- she's a little old (through no fault of her own) to be on schedule for that, but she's incredibly serious and hard working and I think would thrive in that sort of no BS environment.

I'm aware of RGA is Rochester, which would probably be a good fit, but doing that drive 4 or 5 days a week would be a very hard thing to manage. Ideally, we could find something similarly intense, but closer.

Thanks!

We are at CNYGC in Syracuse. No elite program, but have had a few girls go D1. Level 7-10 do 5 days a week, around 4 hours a day. Everyday except Tuesday and Sunday. Not a super intense program but certainly more so then the other programs around Syr. West Side Gymnastics, GC2, and Blaze are the other Syracuse gyms. Valley in Utica is about 50 min away and has a pretty good L10 program. But if you really want elite you'd have to go with RGA.

Thanks Anon Syracuse peep. Do you know how consistent CNY is with coaching? By that I mean, does the HC coach all/most practices personally, or is it a “any body we can stick in here” kind of deal?

HC does coach most of the time, sometimes they are doing behind the scenes stuff, but are always willing to step in to help out if needed. The team is also small enough where every coach (unless they're a new) knows the girls personally, and knows their style/how to coach them, from the parent perspective at least.

Thanks so much for the info. One last question -- do you know anything about the apparent gym move? Does that impact team training (which based on a conversation with the HC) seems to place at the other location. It seems like the current move is temporary. Have you heard anything about the long term plan?

Thanks so much for the info. One last question -- do you know anything about the apparent gym move? Does that impact team training (which based on a conversation with the HC) seems to place at the other location. It seems like the current move is temporary. Have you heard anything about the long term plan?
There are two gym locations. One moved over two years ago (most, if not all of the high level girls are in this gym, which is the east location), and is permanent as far as we know. The second gym which is in the temporary location, we have not heard much. But the first gym as far as we know is in a permanent location, and I would say it is the nicer gym.

To close the loop on this, if you see a new team mom hanging around the Dewitt location feel free to say "hi." My wife is a very nice lady and not the least bit crazy about gymnastics.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back