Gym problems - Suggestions please

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

i have to ask. where are you located that no gym is within "several hours away"? the tip of maine?

There are still plenty of rural and remote places left in the US. Maybe not as much so on the east coast. The city we used to live in before moving to a more urban area had only one gym and the only way to get to another would be several hours travel by boat or plane.

Having just read through this post it makes me appreciate our gym all the more. The gym owner is very supportive of the booster club (even shares profits from home meets), we have no equipment charges, they have made major investments in facilities and equipment, and they have added top-notch coaches as the team has grown. Also they are sensitive to our expenses (We had no tuition increase this year) and understand the commitment and sacrifice many parents make to allow their children to participate .

I was wondering if your group of parents could call the next closest gym and explain your situation. Maybe they would be willing to start up another facility closer to where you are. They would already have a group of established gymnasts to start out with. If there are no other gyms in your area that may be good for them as well. It would probably be quite a process but the situation the girls are in no does not sound ideal.

Good Luck!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back