WAG Gym recs in Seattle Metro area?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Okra

Proud Parent
Long time lurker here. I finally got a CB account so I could ask for recommendations in the Seattle area because DH is considering a job move there. DD just finished a strong L3 season, so we'll be looking for a gym with a good compulsory and optional program, but also a nurturing environment where the kids come first. We'll probably be on Seattle's eastside, so I've identified the gyms in the area we'll be looking for housing as: Tech Gymnastics, Emerald City Gymnastics Academy, Gymnastics East and Metropolitan Gymnastics. I don't know anything about these programs besides what I could find on their websites and on meetscoresonline. Please let me know if you have any recommendations among those gyms I mentioned, or if there's another one I haven't heard of that you would recommend, or if you know I DEFINITELY should stay away from any particular gym in the area. Feel free to post here or PM me if that's better for you. TIA!

Gym East is a strong gym - HUGE though. They have two programs (one in Bellevue and one in Issaquah). Metropolitan is also a very successful gym. Grace Gymnastics is a YMCA program but they compete at USAG meets and they are very strong as well. They are in Lakewood which may be too far south for you? I've been mostly impressed with the Metropolitan program. Honestly there are so many options, you can definitely try out several to find the right fit.

As far as team goes gym east and metropolitan are around the same size. Large established programs. Both very high quality. Emerald city is slightly larger and auburn is huge. Grace is south of Tacoma so probably not an option but strong for a YMCA program.

There are lots of choices. I would definitely set up some trials. I will pm you with more personal feedback.

Thanks for the suggestions. Grace is definitely further away than I planned on looking for housing, so I think it's off the list. Please PM me with feedback. :)

Out of those, I only have "personal" experience with Gym East and Emerald. I have been to clinics at Gym East as well as encountering them (and their coaches obviously) at various meets and testings. I really like what I have seen, it is huge but the coaches seemed both personable and very competent. We see Emerald quite a bit at meets and they do well but I haven't had a lot of personal interaction with them. I also have seen quite a bit of Auburn, another successful program but perhaps more intense than what you are looking for..?

I too have heard good things about emerald.....auburn soumded really intense....my friend pulled her kid from there and went to emerald for that very reason. No conflicts with auburn, it was just too much for her kid. Good luck!

I too have heard good things about emerald.....auburn soumded really intense....my friend pulled her kid from there and went to emerald for that very reason. No conflicts with auburn, it was just too much for her kid. Good luck!

We have heard the same things about Auburn.

Honestly, with my DD being only L3 I don't really know what to expect in terms of "intensity." DD's goal for herself is to make it to L10. I just want her to have fun and keep busy. So, probably steering clear of a gym with a reputation for being intense would be wise! Auburn is farther south than I was looking for housing and schools besides.

Send me a pm. We're leaving one of the gyms you mentioned for another you mentioned. Not comfortable posting about it publicly. ;)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back