Parents Gym Vacation Week

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

onebusymama

Proud Parent
Just curious, who's gym closes a week during the summer for Vacation? Ours typically closes the week of July 4th so most gym families schedules their summer Vacations during that week. Is this typical? I was chatting with an out of state friend whos DD does gym & she never heard of a gym closing for a week during summer.

Our gym doesn't really ever close. The optional girls get a week off in August while the compulsory girls are learning their new routines. This is the first year DD has had that week off even though she was optional last year, too. We are planning our vacation! It's so exciting to get a break from the gym for a week.

Ours closes the week of the 4th too. It's a time where the coaches typically go on vacation, and they encourage families to vacation that week as well.

DD's gym will be closed for a week for classes. Luckily they're teaming up with another gym and doing a 3 day /4 hrs. Per day (with lunch break) Xcel Training Camp so she'll still get some gym in that week.

Ours closes the week of the 4th. They encourage people to take their vacations that week, but that week never works for us, so we'll be taking a week in June to go on vacation. I do my best to steer clear of her missing any time in August, since our meet season starts at the end of August.

DD's gym closes the week of the 4th as well. This year she'll be at gymnastics camp the week before that and will be out of town the week after that, so that will mean 3 weeks in a row that she won't be in "her" gym! It also ensures that anything new she might "get" at camp will be lost by the time she gets back in the gym. But such is life. She's repeating level 8, so it shouldn't be too big of a deal, I don't guess.

We get just over a week off for Christmas and the gym always shuts down for 1 week in July for maintenance and pit cleaning etc, apart from that the gym is always open even on bank holidays.

Same here, gym closes the week of the 4th, and we scheduled out vacation for that week this year. DD will also be in gymnastics camp one week at the end of July.

Ours closed for a week at Christmas, spring break week, and it looks.like they close for the week.of the 4th

Just curious, who's gym closes a week during the summer for Vacation? Ours typically closes the week of July 4th so most gym families schedules their summer Vacations during that week. Is this typical? I was chatting with an out of state friend whos DD does gym & she never heard of a gym closing for a week during summer.
Dds gym closes this week too and end of August. These are the only whole weeks that team has off for the year

LOL, the gym never closes more than a couple of days for team girls! July 4th is off, but they work the rest of the week. They do have a specific week where they "highly recommend" everyone schedule their vacations.

Our gym never closes.
You take vacation when it is right for your family.
Coaches take vacation right before summer, and usually right before compulsory season.
They must close for government holidays.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back