Parents Gymnast asked not to return

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

I think parents and gym staff need to quit being so tolerant of this behavior and start speaking out on how unprofessional it is!
This is not directed directly at you but the general sentiment the gym did something horrible.

The OP notified the gym her kid was not returning. They were not responding to a rumor. And then the gymnast got hurt. They even gave them their tuition back.

It’s rather pouty of the poster actually. I’m breaking up with you but you can’t break up with me.

It’s a month, not a lifetime. They should go to the party, have fun, say their goodbyes and be done. Take the time to let the ankle heal.

This is not directed directly at you but the general sentiment the gym did something horrible.

The OP notified the gym her kid was not returning. They were not responding to a rumor. And then the gymnast got hurt. They even gave them their tuition back.

It’s rather pouty of the poster actually. I’m breaking up with you but you can’t break up with me.

It’s a month, not a lifetime. They should go to the party, have fun, say their goodbyes and be done. Take the time to let the ankle heal.
I get your point, and maybe that is the case in the OP's situation. But the idea that it is ok to tell a child they are no longer welcome, not even give a chance to say goodbye or clean out their cubby is highly unprofessional in my opinion.
The client is paying for a service and should be allowed to stop that at anytime. The gym is being paid for a service and should uphold a level of professionalism.
A lot of the comments on this thread seem to be supporting the lack of professionalism showed by many gyms in similar situations and I don't think that is right.

They found out you was switching gyms. Most gyms do that
Can't speak for all gyms but I can speak from personal experience. My first gym sent an email asking what my future plans are with the gym after finding out I was trying out at a new one. As soon as I left, a few of my old teammates told me the owner said how he never wants me back and how ungrateful I was to leave after all he had done for me. As a poc, there's no way in h**l I'm staying at a gym with a racist owner. So I'm 99% sure me leaving because of that doesn't make me "ungrateful"

I get your point, and maybe that is the case in the OP's situation. But the idea that it is ok to tell a child they are no longer welcome, not even give a chance to say goodbye or clean out their cubby is highly unprofessional in my opinion.
The client is paying for a service and should be allowed to stop that at anytime. The gym is being paid for a service and should uphold a level of professionalism.
A lot of the comments on this thread seem to be supporting the lack of professionalism showed by many gyms in similar situations and I don't think that is right.
They werent unprofessional. They weren’t all rainbows and unicorns but not unprofessional. And I don’t recall seeing they denied them a chance to officially say goodbye, or clean out a cubby. The OP didn’t post that info (Not that I saw). Granted they didn’t invite her to do those things but it certainly doesn’t sound like they said they can’t. Sounds like the OP,didn’t get that far. They were informed that they weren’t returning and then that the kid was injured. Here’s your money let’s be done.

My daughters gym that I loved forever until last June. We were there 10 yrs. There were a bunch things that changed and not for the good. But my kid was happy. Until her last 2 gymmie friends hung up their grips. My kid sat in the parking lot rather than share her misery. She’s not stupid she knows we track her. We didn’t get our tuition back. Kid didn’t attend 1 minute of the month. And in fact Coach expected more fees. Umm nope.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back