Parents Gymnast not eating well

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

It is not unusual to not feel hungry early in the morning. I would go with a piece of wholemeal toast with something on and a banana. And then pack suitable snacks to pick at between pieces.
That's why Insuggested smoothies. When my kids don't feel like eating early in the morning toast is not something they will eat. Fruit often is, so the fruit plus yogurt etc. gets some carbs and protein in them.

Thank you all so much for the suggestions!!! We definitely had a talk and she does understand now that lack of eating is causing the crash and she has agreed to try some different options to see which works best for her. I am going to start with some yogurt and fruit and go from there. We have a bit of a drive to get to gym, so the yogurt/fruit is something we can take and eat on the way. Thank you all again!!

Reactions: sce
There are stores that not only have the applesauce/mixed fruit pouches, fhey now have them with yogurt also. My kid loves them, they are very reasonably priced, and how easy....no mess, and quick and smooth to eat.

Three days a week my daughter goes straight to gym from school, so her lunch box looks like its about to explode! She too is on the thin side, with all the workouts, its almost impossible to put weight on her. Here is an example of foods i send for the day.
Breakfast= mini bagel with pecan nut cream cheese or Protein Cheerios with milk 12-18 protein( she loves them)
snacks during school and gym= Salami, cheese stick, crackers, whole fruit leather, banana, apple slices, fruit / veggie pouch , drinkable Chobani yogurt 14 grams of protein in those, celery with peanut butter with a few dark choc chips
lunch- pb&j, turkey/cheese sandwich, roast beef roll, egg salad sandwich, chicken pasta salad, chicken skewer, tortilla chips and guac, hummus and pita

LOTS of pre workout fluids too .. I send a hint water ( drinks during class) for lunch a small gatorade or body armor and then of course a 32 ounce jug for gym.

Reactions: sce

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back