Votes: 4 5.7%
  • gym owner

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • creepy lurker

Votes: 8 11.4%
  • gymnastics fan

Votes: 23 32.9%

• Total voters
Long time gymnast (through level 10 and up to college), now retired after injury and back surgery
been an official coach for about a year and getting more into it now that im done with college
gym "mom" to my niece (I live with my brother who is a single parent)

Ex-gymnast. Out of work coach. Pseudo-judge ( I have done the MAG judging course and judged a few NAIGC meets because we didn't have a judge). Gymnastics fan. Son of a gymnastics fanatic and ex-gymnast from the golden years.

Hoping to go back to judging. May end up coaching again or just volunteering ( I miss it but I don't miss evening hours and meager pay and saturday mornings ).

Parent of gymnast, adult gymnast, elementary level judge and occasional rec coach. Kind of jack of all trades and master of none.

'Creepy lurker' gave me a good laugh!

Recreational gymnast (no team) in my younger days. Now the parent of a DS just starting out on this crazy ride.

Yes, I think that is rather obvious. It's always interesting to see how some coaches regard parents....the ones who supply the little gymnasts and PAY the tuition/fees that ultimately pays the coach's salary.

This site was created for everyone to see everyone's point of view. We do not have private coach and parent forums because of what would happen if we did. Gymsanity's comments were made in a joking manner the way that many (if not most) coaches have spoken at least once before.

It makes me very thankful that my daughter's coach sees me as one third of the coach-athlete-parent triad and reaches out to me to make sure that my child is successful!

I view all of our parents this way...unfortunately...50% of them don't understand how important their third is...or even what their job is.

I am a parent...coach...ex-gymnast...team/gym director.

Former gymnast.
Coached for a couple years.
Parent, my daughter is entering optionals this summer.

Sent from my LG-P769 using ChalkBucket mobile app

Was-an-ex gymnast. Now a Gymnast. and a Swimmer too, but that wasn't an option..... I was surprised that some people put creepy lurker..... hopefully all in a joking way.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back