Parents gymnast to coach ratio

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

ann1245

Proud Parent
Just curious what your gymnast to coach ratio is in your DD groups? At what point is it to many? I'm especially curious with 9/10 and training elite. Thoughts???

In our club it would also range from 6-8 per group. They try and keep it on the high end to keep the gym at full capacity but with kids leaving mid year, etc sometimes the numbers are reduced.
Our national girls is currently sitting at 6

kat

My dd is in a level 3 group of 8. There is another group that I think is slightly larger. They are shared by 2 coaches.

Older gymmie's first year, there were 7 L4, 4 L5, and 1 L7. They had 3 coaches. As time has gone on, the team has grown. The next year, there were 20 girls and 3 coaches, then 32 gymnasts and 4 coaches, then 43 gymnasts with 4 full time coaches and other coaches that would come in 1-2 days a week, then 47 gymnasts and 4 full time coaches and other coaches that would come in 1-2 days a week. This year, we have 19 L3 with a Head coach of their own and another FT coach, 17 L4 with a Head coach of their own and 2 "event" coaches they share with optionals- Beam/Vault and Floor/ Bars, and our Optionals (4 L6, 4 L7, 9 XLG, and 2 XLP) have the "real" head coach and the 2 "event coaches. In addition to these coaches, we still have the part-time coaches (3 of them) that come in to help with the 55 gymnasts on team. Luckily, we will be moving to a new, bigger building in about a month and won't have to share our gym too much with the rec program. As it stands now, the gym is divided into 9 "zones" and each is strictly controlled until the last hour of practice when the team has the gym all to themselves and each group can have an entire event to work on.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back