Parents Gymnastics after HS

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Thank you! My daughter is training 9 right now and has just started thinking about colleges. She used the NAIGC list to give herself somewhere to start, but we didn't realize that it would vary so much from year to year.
We go directly to colleges that offer academic programs she is interested in and see what they offer regarding club

Thank you! My daughter is training 9 right now and has just started thinking about colleges. She used the NAIGC list to give herself somewhere to start, but we didn't realize that it would vary so much from year to year.

We did something similar. My son had a list of all the schools that offered NCAA or GymACT. Then he looked to see which ones he was interested in. It definitely helped him narrow things down.

We go directly to colleges that offer academic programs she is interested in and see what they offer regarding club
Are you able to find on their websites whether or not the clubs have any coaching, how they are funded, and how much they practice from the websites? Some clubs practice with no coaching once a week with the athletes paying for gym time (if at an area private club, as many colleges don’t have gymnastics equipment)

Are you able to find on their websites whether or not the clubs have any coaching, how they are funded, and how much they practice from the websites? Some clubs practice with no coaching once a week with the athletes paying for gym time (if at an area private club, as many colleges don’t have gymnastics equipment)
We are not that far along yet. She is a rising junior so we are in the very early stages of putting schools on the possible list. She came home from her first college fair at her HS with lots of brochures. As we went through we noted if they had her interest of study, did they offer D3 lacrosse and club gym. As we get closer to real possibilities those questions will be investigated as well.

I will say there are a couple of schools on her list have their own equipment.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back