Gymnastics books???

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

G

gymnastralo

Hello!:p

Anyone read any really good gymnastics books? What are the titles and authors? Im just interested in reading a gymnastics book for my next book project. I thought maybe if I read something I acually like then I might get a better grade on the project.:) So if you have any suggestions please leave a response/comment.

Thanks!
~Alison

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, not sure of any really good gymnastics books. I just read Chalked Up by Jennifer Sey. It was an interesting book, but it was somewhat one-sided I thought and a little harsh about the sport. So if you like gym, it might not be the best one to pick. There is a whole thread about it on CB, so if u search for it u can see what its about.

omg, im reading a really good book now. its called Chalked Up by Jenifer Sey. i would totally recomend this to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
ya...i read this gymnastics book about a girl who got HIV/AIDS but also did gym. It was actually really good but sad. I read it for a project in family studies back in grade 9, but i totally forget what it was called or who wrote it. ugh that's frustrating

Ok, so i wasn't very helpful, but I will try and find out what it's called for you.

Letters to a young gymnast-Nadia Commaneci

Little Girls in Pretty Boxes (also about figure skating)

I totally agree with NY about Chalked Up. Good but harsh and one-sided. Unfortunately there isn't that many good gymnastics books. But that is all going to change in due time.... ;)

The only ones i can think of is biographies about specific gymnast's. But I am almost done with chalked up, and I actually think it is pretty good :) But yes, definatly one-sided.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back