Parents Gymnastics Briefs

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

penelope20_1999

Coach
Proud Parent
I'm kind of old school and slightly conservative/modest and like my 9 year old to wear underwear under her leo for many reasons. When I competed the leos were so low cut, underwear showing wasn't an issue (back in the 90s). (ha ha … with the exception of my first meet. i never had a problem…. that's a story in itself).

She literally may be the only one in her gym that wears briefs, so I can't ask around there.

She wears a CL in GK leos and CM in Alpha Factor and CL in Snowflake.

We bought Motionwear Briefs in 8/10 and 12 and they are horrible. She is thin and muscular and they somehow make a line and squeeze what tiny amount of body fat she has over the top. Its horrible. She wore then to gym last night and I was embarrassed for her. it looked like she had a rubber band around her waist.

She has a pair of Alpha Factor as well and they show under her Alpha Factor leo.

Suggestions please? She probably could just not wear any, because she is so young, but like I said I prefer them. I have only washed her competition leo 2x now because she wears briefs so it is almost in pristine condition.

My kids do not wear anything under practice Leos but comp Leos they wear briefs , we went to the dance store to find the ones they wear. Oldest dd who is 16 wears shorts and other girls wear shorts as needed too ( tho I know some gyms don't allow that)

My ODD wears GK briefs under her comp leo as needed, and they work well. Even now that she's wearing an AS-AM in leos, she still wears the CXL briefs and they fit the best. My YDD swears by the justice seamless briefs for under her comp leo, and I love that they are easy to find and cheap.

For a time (age 7-8), my daughter did also prefer an undergarment, and the Justice seamless were the only ones that worked. They did still peek out sometimes (everything will unless sewn in), but the nude color was least distracting when that happened. We bought a size that was on the small side for her at the time.

We did the same thing as you at first - bought 'real' gymnastics briefs in several colors ($$) - the ones we tried were Ten-O high cut brief. They were horrible. They made that ridiculous line at the waist like you mentioned, and also didn't show any less than regular underwear. We ended up throwing them all out and trying Justice per advice on here.

Panties in either the leo color or nude from Justice. Affordable and much better than any of the dance store ones we tried.

thanks everyone! i did see some comfy looking GK ones at a meet and almost got them. many regrets that i did not as the ones on their web site look different. i ordered some from Justice just a bit ago, but they aren't high cut so I hope these are the ones y'all are talking about. great deal! 4 for $19.99 plus shipping!

thanks again!

I'm gonna agree with the Justice seamless briefs. Black for under black leos, nude for everything else. Only kind my dd likes, and we've tried a bunch.

My girls use the GK briefs and don't mind them.

Thanks for the Justice tip, though. We've been needing more for practice days.

You could also try a liner leo, I think GK has them. It is basically a nude leo that you wear under your comp leo. It ensures there are no lines to distract. But it can be warm to wear the double layer.

I buy DD the Victoria Secrets string bikini for comp Leo's. It has worked well for the last three years until this year. We saw pictures from one of her comps, and her panties were showing. Lol then, we measured and bought her the right size. As for practices, she wears regular bikinis under her Leo's, then, shorts on top of Leo.

My dd loves the Gk briefs, the mid waist ones.

I just found some Target brand ones that might work too. I will also check into Justice.

My dd wears Victoria Secret seamless bikini in black or nude. She used to wear Justice string bikinis but they stopped making those.

DD, age 10, wears GK briefs (nude or black) under her practice leos. The girls are not permitted to wear shorts. She goes without for competitions. She also has a pair of the Justice nude string bikinis that work well, but like the previous poster stated, they stopped making those. DD wears CL GK leos and CM GK briefs.

Hands used to have the best undies for under leos... And they even had the color that perfectly matched our first comp leo Of course, they did a redesign and they are no longer high cut enough, so we switched to Justice... The string bikini... Of course it no longer exists either . YG has no prob going commando tho.

Just curious the reasoning? Our girls only wear them with bar shorts at certain lady times.

Not trying to be ugly, genuinely curious.

Just simply for more coverage. If the Leo creeps up then the briefs are still covering what needs to be covered. Honestly I can't see not wearing something under the Leo's. There is no liner in them so it's just like wearing gym panties.

You could also try a liner leo, I think GK has them. It is basically a nude leo that you wear under your comp leo. It ensures there are no lines to distract. But it can be warm to wear the double layer.
Little bit has a Leo liner for comp Leo. We got from dream light and she loves it

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back