Parents Gymnastics camp before team practice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Calimomof2

Proud Parent
Do you find that your DD are tired and not as focused in their normal gym class after attending gymnastics camp during the summer or do you find the camp actually helps them. The camp is basically an open free play time in the gym with the occasional crafts. My daughter is turning 6 this summer. Camp starts at 8 am and her class starts at 12:30pm.

The first summer my daughter did team we had her go to the camp 8-11 then they would pull her for lunch/rest 11-12 and she practiced 12-3:30. I think the set up was fine. They said they usually had a few girls who did the same but that year she was the only one. She loved the attention she got while there since everyone knew her. I think the camp did help her with some of her skills (she was behind and caught up) but can't say for sure it was the extra gymnastics time at camp. The next year we started off doing the camp every week but she was also doing swim team at night. That did end up being to much and my husband was working from home then so we ended up letting her stay home in the mornings.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back