Parents Gymnastics camp

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

MiniGymMom

Proud Parent
My DD is 4 almost 5 and has been doing gymnastics since she was 2 and absolutely loves it. When she started there wasn’t a place in town for her to do gymnastics so we go to a gym a half hour away. In the last year a activity in town started doing gymnastics classes. We went to an open play there and the owner brought up that they’re doing a gymnastics camp this summer after watching her on the bars and beam. I asked her if she wanted to do it and she said ya but she’s also wants to do soccer and tball and keep going to her regular gym. I feel like it’s too much for a 5 year old. Should I let her do it?

My little one often goes to a gymnastics holiday programme, which might be somewhat similar to a camp? She enjoys it as they not only do "proper" gymnastics but also have crafts/games/other non-gymnastics activities. If it was only gymnastics all day long, I would probably be much more hesitant. Would you have to commit for a whole week or even longer? I find my daughter does get very tired, so no more than 2-3 times a week and not on days she has her normal training sessions as that is simply too much.

My little one often goes to a gymnastics holiday programme, which might be somewhat similar to a camp? She enjoys it as they not only do "proper" gymnastics but also have crafts/games/other non-gymnastics activities. If it was only gymnastics all day long, I would probably be much more hesitant. Would you have to commit for a whole week or even longer? I find my daughter does get very tired, so no more than 2-3 times a week and not on days she has her normal training sessions as that is simply too much.
It’s either you pay for daily passes or commit to the whole thing and people who commit to the whole thing get spots first. It’s 4 hours long which is longer than she goes to school and she complains about that being too long and tiring her out. My main concern is she’s doing other sports and we don’t know the schedule for those yet so I don’t want her to do the camp for 4 hours then have to run off to a practice or a game the same day. Usually we leave the choice up to her on what she wants to do but this summer she just wants to do everything.

sounds like a lot for her, especially if she is complaining about preschool hours. She can always do it next summer.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back