Parents Gymnastics can almost injure parents too

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gwenmom

Proud Parent
I almost hurt myself Saturday at gymnastics. DD gym has a treadmill and some other exercise equipment for the physical therapist that the parents are allowed to use when not in use by the girls. The treadmill is right in front of a big windows that look out over the training area from a floor above. I am jogging along during practice on Saturday and see DD out of my peripheral vision and swear is see her doing a back tuck. There has been no mention of back tucks in any of the times we have discussed practice so I lean out over the front of the treadmill to catch a better look at what DD is doing and almost trip over the the rails on the treadmill and go flying off. Thankfully I caught myself. Would have felt very stupid if I had fallen.

Oh yes and DD was working ROBHSBT with her coach (spotted). And I had to ask her about it. Lol. Still not sure how long she has been working because honestly at 7 anything more than a couple days either way is 'forever, Mom'

So funny!! glad you didn't get hurt. How fortunate you have the opportunity to work out that while watching.

My "gymnastics" injury was last winter. At our gym we have a balcony where we can stand and watch. There is a half wall at perfect height to lean against and rest both elbows. I knew I was watching too much when I developed significant cuts on the bottom of each elbow from the friction of the wall against my elbows. I've drastically cut back on how much I watch. How humiliating!!

haha! love that you can work out @ dd's gym. be careful on those treadmills, though! ;-)

our gym viewing area is old school spartan. no wifi/AC/vending. no adult injuries reported yet!

as for catching new stuff on the floor - I've been known more than once to comment "whose that new girl out there doing the cool tumble passes?".... "um, your DAUGHTER." ...."oh!"

hah! The gym we go to has only one lobby with some big windows to watch through. Our coaches often refer to the parents watching as monkeys. Kind of annoys me given that I am paying an arm and a leg to have her there-the least I can do is watch for a few minutes!

Glad you're okay! Our gym has a huge wall of windows, with tables and chairs in the lobby. I usually just bring my laptop and work, but still like glancing over once in awhile.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back