Gymnastics from 1936 Olympics

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Wow!! That's pretty cool to see how gymnastics has progressed over the years! As I was watching this video, I was thinking "Wow! If I was alive back them maybe I could have made it to the olympics!" Stuff looked so easy back then! LOL

I wish I lived in the 30's! I would be an olympic medalist! The hardest vault I saw them do was a level 5 vault (front handspring) I love their "leotards" too. Wow the way things have changed is amazing!

Did the vault with out spring boards? I couldn't really tell if there was anything in front of the vault or not.

No they didn't have springboards at first. Then sort of wooden beat boards were used. Like jumping off a small wood ramp. Not really bouncy.

No they didn't have springboards at first. Then sort of wooden beat boards were used. Like jumping off a small wood ramp. Not really bouncy.

We have one of those at our gym! We wondered whether we should open a gymnastics museum! hehe

Don't forget, it might look easy, but back then gymnasts didn't have the same facilities as us, they didn't have the same training hours or knowledge and they probably had jobs too (the men).

Gymnastics was really just done for fitness. Women weren't even allowed to vault at first because it was undignified!

I have always meant to make a montage of gymnastics throughout history but never got round to it - I have a lot of oollld vids!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back