WAG Gymnastics home equipment in EU?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Jo22

Proud Parent
Hi everyone!
We are Americans living abroad and my daughter is doing competitive gymnastics in the Netherlands. Im finding it difficult to get the right home equipment here. Could anyone help out and let me know where I can purchase panel/folding and different types of gymnastics mats/ turnmats? My search queries just turn up yoga and similar use mats. I asked one of the trainers but they were adamant about the dangers of training at home, which I can understand, but I can't keep her from spazzing out in the living room, I can only try to make it safer..
Thanks in advance!

Welcome in the netherlands! I think real home equipment is quite unnecessary, and at least my coaches discourage it. Now strength is often a bit overlooked IMO (except when you are in the national circuit, but you didn't mention what level your DD is). A pull up bar might be a good investment for the entire family. I know Lidl carried them a while ago (I got mine from there).

Now I wouldn't encourage these things but that's your decision: Ikea has panel mats, and yoga mats are also everywhere. https://www.turnbalk.nl has good beams and bars can be built quite easily

Thanks for the welcome! We are quite enjoying the freedom of biking around.. I never thought of checking lidl. They were just at our gym doing a promotion where you can cycle and blend your own smoothie.

I would love a low bar inside the house but I see how dangerous that could be. I just want to put down quality mats so she may tumble freely. I can't stop her from playing around with skills at home. She uses a yoga mat but aside from it being so small, it also doesn't offer any resistance/give when she lands.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back