WAG Gymnastics in Bordeaux, France

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

fuzi

Coach
Gymnast
Judge
I coach a 9 year-old female gymnast who is moving to Bordeaux, France this summer. She is Junior Olympic level 3, training her level 4 skills and will be in France for about a year. She would like to continue gymnastics, so if anyone has any recommendations or information on the French system, I would like to pass it along to her parents.

Hey !

I don't live in the Bordeaux area so I don't have first-hand knowledge on the gyms.
Results-wise, the best gym in the Bordeaux area is probably in Mérignac (in the suburbs, but not too far away) : here is their website. Although their gym was destroyed in a fire this year, so I don't know how/where they train at the moment.
If your gymnast is interested in high-level gymnastics / aiming for upper optionals / scholarship, this is probably the best option, as it is probably the most intense gym in this area.
If the goal is just to train level 4-ish skills and compete them with a bit of up-training, then I guess any gym will do.

I do know the French system pretty well. Do you have any specific question in mind ? I guess if she is a level 4 in the States she would probably compete "Fédéral A" here (if you need it I can explain you what skills she would need). Maybe "National 10 ans" if she is a reaaaaally good level 4, depending on the gym. [this is assuming she was born in 2010]
If she is looking for a gym, I guess a good idea would be to look for gyms in the area her parents want to live in and to then check the results from last season to see if they have gymnasts in that level / how well they are doing...

Don't hesitate if you or her parents have any question !

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back