Parents Gymnastics in Tuscon

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

PeanutsMom

Proud Parent
Hi all,
My family is military and we live in a large military community. One of our friends is moving to the Tucson area and they are wondering about gyms. I told them I would reach out to the Chalkbucket world in case anyone here is from the Tucson area. They have freshman age daughter competing XCEL Diamond and are hoping to find a gym with an XCEL program that has Diamonds or at least coaching that can train Diamond. They also want a gym with a welcoming atmosphere as they tend to have to move a lot and need a place that will feel like home quickly.

Thanks for any insight you can provide. They plan on doing a house hunting trip in the Spring (early spring) as PCS orders will likely be April (ish-- if you know the military).

I can help with this and i will be completely unbiased as possible with my responses and not reveal out gym. There are about 6 gyms in Tucson. I will list them with a side comment.

1. Arizona Dynamics Tucson - High powered gym puts out college athletes and has an Excel program with higher levels. The main gym is in Phoenix and they compete as one gym so you may compete with teammates you don't know. I believe they have a reputation for being tough and have high hours for practice, but they are a State powerhouse. Between the two locations they have hundreds of gymnasts on their team. All the other gyms in Tucson are smaller.
2. Gymnastics World Central - has both JO and excel but I don't think they have higher levels of excel. They have a new JO coach who seems to be doing a good job. A more family friendly lower hours gym. Owner is a men's Olympic level coach but he is mainly with the boys team. The have about 30-40 girls on their team.
3. Springs gymnastics - has new coaches in their second year. I believe they have both excel and JO not sure the highest level of Excel they have. Not sure how big but probably around 30+ girls
4. Old Pueblo - both excel and JO, but have not seen higher levels in a while
5. Flex - relatively new but used to be another gym. I think they have about 30+ girls don't know much about their coaches
6. Radiant - new this year so don't know much about them, but I think the head coach used to coach at Dynamics?
7. Julians - I think this is a new gym too so know nothing. They were supposed to put on a meet in Tucson but it got cancelled.

You can go the mymeetscores and look at the state meets to see each team. Phoenix has a lot more gyms but depending on where you live there are choices. It also just depends on what you want.

You can go the mymeetscores and look at the state meets to see each team. Phoenix has a lot more gyms but depending on where you live there are choices. It also just depends on what you want.
We traveled to AZ for a meet a while back -- based on what I saw, there really are a lot of good gyms in the area and the girls/parents all seemed pretty nice to me.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back