Gymnastics Minute

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

D

dannolynn

Hi everyone!

Check out the gymnastics minute on youtube.
YouTube - thegymnasticminute's Channel

I'm not sure if any of you have seen these videos, but they are really good! Tony Retrosi, the owner of the gym I go to (and Gina and Nicci) is one of the coaches that does these little segments. They're all tips, tricks, drills, etc. for improving different things. I just saw a really awesome one for full turns!! I can't wait to try it out. I thought I would make everyone aware of these videos in case they might be helpful!

Its so funny seeing our gym in the background and recognizing the girls that are doing these( and of course Tony:p )! There is quite a bit of useful stuff on here, thanks for posting the link Danielle!!

This is great! I've just watched the press handstand minute, I will definitely be using some of these drills. Thanks for posting xXx

Thanks so much for posting that link, dannolynn! You and nicci are soo lucky that you guys get to train in such a nice gym!

Yeah, between me, Danielle, Nicci and Jenny there might soon be 4 adults all competing for Atlantic!

We could almost start a strictly adult team at that point, if there were more places for us to compete

The USAIGC meets take adults, only thing is they are all in NY as the closest state. They are cheaper than Prep op meets though.

Hmm, could be something to look into perhaps.....

I dunno if Cori would be able to attend them, seeing she has a massive USAG meet schedule to uphold (sometimes up to 9 meet sessions in one weekend, most weekends all year) but you don't actually need a coach there, because if you are competing something you really don't need a spot on it, well you shouldn't anyway. Maybe next year we can look at the meet schedule and if you guys want, sign up for the same ones. If you choose to do prep op instead its fine, I just wanted to throw it out there. We could help set each others equipment and stuff like that. It would be great if Cori could make them though. Bryan wouldnt mind helping you guys out at the meet too. They have the level similar to novice and another similar to intermediate prep op :)

I think it would be fun to do USAIGC, takes some of the pressure off of learning all my skills I need for prep op in like, the next 4 weeks(though with any luck I will have what I need, if not, then I don't). I would be up for something like that, why not?

I think it would be fun to do USAIGC, takes some of the pressure off of learning all my skills I need for prep op in like, the next 4 weeks(though with any luck I will have what I need, if not, then I don't). I would be up for something like that, why not?

Cool! There is no standard to do it (like being 'accepted' onto a team), as long as you have the minimum skills, which I think I emailed them to you at one point, but you probably have everything by bars, and you have until when you want to do the meets next year. Like they start in the fall, but this year my first one was the end of April and I still had time to make states :) So yeah, the only thing is if you do prep op AND usaigc you have to be a member of both, but the usaigc is like $35/yr, and the prep op is probably $50, well we have time to think, but that would be fun :)

Yeah my bars last night were even better then they were on Friday, even though I was ready to be done by the time we got over there:D So I don't think they will be hindering me for too much longer. Plus, if I do USAIGC, I won't be restricted to just the lower bar either. BTW, your giants are looking awesome, I have actually had the chance the last couple of practices to see them!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back