Gymnastics Poems!!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Favorite Gymnastics Thing: I love all aspects. That is why I am still doing it today. I love the thrill of overcoming your fears, competing in countries you never dreamed of visiting and sharing it all with friends. Kevin Tan
Favorite Gymnastics Thing: Its always a thrill and a rush of adrenaline. The greatest thing in this sport is learning a new skill and perfecting it when you struggled on it for a while. Jonathan Horton
Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed...every morning a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running. Anonymous
Action conqures fear. Peter Zarlenga
In any moment of decision, the BEST THING you can do is the RIGHT THING; the next best thing is the WRONG THING; and the worst thing you can do is NOTHING. Theodore Roosevelt
A positive attitude is a powerful force. Anonymous
It's our attitude in life that determines life's attitude towards us. Earl Nightingale
Change your thoughts and change your world. Norman Vincent Peale
Think big thoughts, but relish small pleasures. H. Jackson Brown
In the time of your life, LIVE. Anonymous
Things that matter most must never be at teh mercy of things that matter least. Van Goethe
The only thing that stands between a person and what they want from life is often the wall to try it and the faith to believe it's possible. Rich Devos
Effort only fully releases its reward after a person refuses to quit. Napoleon Hill
Belief fuels passion, and...passion rarely fails. M.Anderson
In the middle of every difficulty comes opportunity. Albert Einstein
The man at the top of the mountain didn't fall there. Anonymous
Fear is a reaction. Courage is a decision. Winston Churchill
All of your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney
Courage is the door that can only be open from the inside. Terry Neil
To get what we've never had, we must do what we've never done. Anonymous
Goals are dreams with deadlines. Dinana S. Hunt
We first our habits and then they make us. John Dryden
Wisdom is knowing the right path to take...intergrity is taking it. M.H.McKee
The longer we follow the right path the faster it becomes. Enghlish Proverb
Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...PERSUE THOSE! Anonymous
I am the master of my fate; I am the captian of my soul. William E. Henley
Win without boasting. Lose without excuses. Vince Lombardi
Excues are the nails to build a house of failure. Don Wilder
You'll always miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky
Success is a journey, not a destination. Anonymous
If a person has done their best, what else is there? George S. Patton

HI, these are great! :) I have one to post, I wrote it myself.

Flipping freely on the floor,
Soaring gracefully,give me more.
It’s an exhilarating experience as I swing on the bars
Like an eagle in the sky, reaching for the stars

Though very hard and strange it seems
I adore balancing on four inch beams
A fire is ignited inside of my heart,
as I race down the vault with little fault

A luminous smile is pasted on my face
As I finish each skill with beauty and grace
I feel just amazing as I set foot on the floor
Gymnastics, gymnastics, the sport I adore.

HI, these are great! :) I have one to post, I wrote it myself.

Flipping freely on the floor,
Soaring gracefully,give me more.
It’s an exhilarating experience as I swing on the bars
Like an eagle in the sky, reaching for the stars

Though very hard and strange it seems
I adore balancing on four inch beams
A fire is ignited inside of my heart,
as I race down the vault with little fault

A luminous smile is pasted on my face
As I finish each skill with beauty and grace
I feel just amazing as I set foot on the floor
Gymnastics, gymnastics, the sport I adore.

I love it!

It is a sublime thing to suffer and be stronger." Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

A man can get discouraged many times but he is not a failure until he begins to blame somebody else and stops trying. John Burroughs

By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail. Benjamin Franklin

Running is the greatest metaphor for life because what you get out of it is what you put in. Oprah Winfrey

To be good is not enough when you dream of being great. Anon

Every man dies. Not every man really lives. From the film, Braveheart

Run if you can, walk if you have to, crawl if you must, but never give up. Dean Karnazes

The harder you push, the more you are pulled. Nike

Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be. George Seehan

Pain is temporary...quitting is forever. Anon

I will do today what you won't so I can do tomorrow what you can't. Anon

There is no time like the present to start living your dream. Jacqueline Novogratz

Her moral philosophy was that we show the world who we are through our actions, no merely through words or intentions. Novogratz

People survived through unyielding determination and focusing day to day. Novogratz

We have only one world for all of us on earth, and the future really is ours to create, in a world we dare to imagine together. Novogratz

No one can say, 'You must not run faster than this or jump higher than that.' The human spirit is indomitable." Sir Roger Bannister

Love yourself, for who and what you are; protect your dream and develop your talent to the fullest extent. Joan Benoit Samuelson

"Being fearless isn't being 100% not fearful, it's being terrified but you jump anyway....â€￾ Taylor Swift

Really it comes down to your philosophy. Do you want to play it safe and be good or do you want to take a chance and be great? Jimmy Johnson

Fate loves fearless… the bottom line is you can’t be afraid to fail. Jerry Colangelo

Each of us has a fire in our hearts for something. It’s our goal in life to find it and keep it lit. Mary Lou Retton

Find your passion and make it happen. Be on a mission and live your life on purpose. Be motivated by your desire to achieve rather than your fear of failure. Mind Gym: An Athlete's Guide to Inner Excellence by Gary Mac

The pessimist may be right in many cases, but the optimist has a better time during the trip. Anon.

I try not to put too much pressure on myself. I just try to go out and hit. Chellsie Memmel

All of our dreams can come true-if we have the courage to pursue them. Walt Disney

The size of your success depends on the depth of your desire. Anon

The door to success is the one marked PUSH. Anon

It is a rough road that leads to the highest of greatness. Seneca

If you're not wiling to risk it all, you don't want it badly enough. Anon

The learned know that they are ignorant. Victor Hugo

People may not get all they work for in this world but they must certainly work for what they get. Frederick Douglass

Failure is merely the opportunity to begin again more intelligently. Henry

It's not how hard you hit. It's how hard you get hit...and keep moving forward. Randy Pausch

Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. Randy Pausch

Don't complain just work harder. Jeffrey Zaslow

The brick walls are there to give us a chance to show how badly we want something. Randy Pausch

The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough. Randy Pausch

If you can find an opening, you can probably find a way to float through it. Randy Pausch

Your critics are often the ones telling you they still love you and care about you, and want to make you better. Randy Pausch

If I work hard enough, there will be things I can do tomorrow that I can't do today. Randy Pausch

You can change the past by changing your behavior in the present, since the present soon becomes your past. You also shape your future by the actions you take today. Dan Millman

Accept your thoughts and emotion; there's no need to fight or fix or change them. You don't have to feel brave or confident or grateful or loving-just behave that way. Dan Millman

The challenges we meet along the way and the consequences of our actions will eventually teach us all we need in order to evolve. Dan Millman

We can control our efforts, but not the outcomes. Still, a good effort increases the odds of achieving a desired result. We make zero percent of the shots we don't take. Dan Millman

If you feel stuck or stagnating, even slipping backward, consider this: You may be backing up to get a running start. Dan Millman

When motivation fades and doubts arise, the choices we make and the actions we take are the true tests of character. Dan Millman

Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you. Ralph Waldo Emerson

Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will. Mohatma Gandhi

Don't say you don't have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein.â€￾ H. Jackson Brown

In any moment of decision, the BEST THING you can do is the RIGHT THING; the next best thing is the WRONG THING; and the worst thing you can do is NOTHING. Theodore Roosevelt

Belief fuels passion, and...passion rarely fails. M.Anderson

The longer we follow the right path the faster it becomes. Enghlish Proverb

Many things will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...PERSUE THOSE! Anonymous

You may notice in the last few posts that a couple of names are repeated over and over. These are from books I read. Jacqueline Novogratz is the author of The Blue Sweater, fantastic book for anyone interested in economics and how it relates to poverty. Randy Pausch, I think most know, is the Last Lecture man. Phenomenal book. And Dan Millman wrote Way of the Peaceful Warrior, a book I think every athlete needs to read, and most people as well.

"courage is not a lack of fear, but acting in spite of it"

"strong minds suffer without complaint, weak minds complain without suffering"

Here is one I made up.. it is a bit dodgy

Rules are there to be obeyed, but sometimes, just sometimes they are there to see who is daring enough to break them.

Poem for gymnastics

The day has arrived,
It's finally here,
Your moment is waiting,
you've been training all year,
Through blood sweat and tears,
you've had to fight,
so get out on the floor,
tonight is your night,
head up,
be proud,
you have nothing to lose,
you've got courage and determination,
do with it what you choose,
it doesn't matter what you come,
just show them you have pride,
make sure you know you're never alone,
I'll be cheering from the side,
so even if you don't become,
number two or even three
just remember all the time,
you're number one to me.

I wrote it for my teamates, please tell me what you think!

Thankyou!

Thanks for all the wonderful feedback guys, you are all so nice! feel free to use the poem for yourself if you want :)

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back