gymnastics scholarship????

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

gymfan4ever95

Coach
Gymnast
i really want to do college gymnastics...but idk if i will be good enough by then.
right now i am 14 yrs old and in the 8th grade. i am a level 6 gymnast and haven't competed that level yet. i don't know if i have enough time to get good enough by the time i am a senior...HELP?
what do you think?
is it even possible?
does anyone have any ideas on how to get really good really fast?

Not to discourage you but at 14 you are still in the compulsory levels of gymnastics so it seems very unrealistic to think that you will be good enough in one year (because they start looking at girls in their sophomore years and it's usually girls who have been Level 10 for a while) to be considered for a gymnastics scholarship. If I were you , I would pursue an academic or need-based scholarship for college.

There may be college programs that have club teams (University of Rhode Island is one I can think of off the top of my head) or a Division 3 school where you could still participate in gymnastics but just not be a scholarshipped athlete.

I am a level 7 and a senior in high school and I went to talk to a gymnastics coach at a college I was considering going to and he said that twice in his coaching career a gymnast came in with a level 7/8 skill level and by the end of their senior year they were captains and had worked up to all arounders, but he stressed that it's definitely not easy and it takes a very tenacious person to get there. It's totally possible if you put everything you have into it.

thanks tumblerK!
I am going to compete level 6 in september and try to compete as a 7 in January...i hope!! haha. then maybe i will be a 8 when i am i sophmore...i will just have to work REALLY hard.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back