WAG gymnastics season closing..stay in shape?

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnast@<3

Gymnast
hey guys so my gymnastics seasons is ending and i want to be able to condition so i can keep my skills on everything... bars, beam floor and vault ill go to an open gym every friday but sometimes i wont be able to..:( any ideas?

Do everything you can if you want to work at home and the open gym. I did that in my high school gymnastics days and it really paid off.

Our high school girls will go back to their "regular" gyms. That means that 4 of the girls will be coming back to us (2 will compete for us and 2 will just train until next season)... one will be continuing with her rythmic gym... a couple will continue with dance, and the last 2 will go back to their gym team.

My daughters gym trains all year round so I dont have to worry about that. But i'd say to set a schedule to work out every day - every other day to keep your flexibility good. Find a playground that has a bar and do simple stuff - no hard tricks..stuff like that

I train year round most places other then school goes year round many you could find a place and join there summer season then when school starts joins schools season

Tori

My daughters gym trains all year round so I dont have to worry about that. But i'd say to set a schedule to work out every day - every other day to keep your flexibility good. Find a playground that has a bar and do simple stuff - no hard tricks..stuff like that
alright thanks, i can do that!:)

Stay active! Whatever way is fun for you. I coach a high school team and I can always tell the kids who stay active (either through another sport or just general hiking/biking/running around) and those who turn into couch potatoes for the off season when we start back up at practice. And it's great that you have the option to do an open gym once a week to keep yourself on equipment and working basic skills. Even if you miss a few weeks, it will be help you keep your current skills.
If you have space, work on handstands at home, wall handstands are great and helpful for every event. And pull ups are another great skill to work if you have a pull up bar at home or can go to a place that has one (some school gyms, playgrounds, fitness centers). And I'm sure your coach would love if you asked him/her for ideas- they could even give you some ideas specific to your needs.
Good luck!

Stay active! Whatever way is fun for you. I coach a high school team and I can always tell the kids who stay active (either through another sport or just general hiking/biking/running around) and those who turn into couch potatoes for the off season when we start back up at practice. And it's great that you have the option to do an open gym once a week to keep yourself on equipment and working basic skills. Even if you miss a few weeks, it will be help you keep your current skills.
If you have space, work on handstands at home, wall handstands are great and helpful for every event. And pull ups are another great skill to work if you have a pull up bar at home or can go to a place that has one (some school gyms, playgrounds, fitness centers). And I'm sure your coach would love if you asked him/her for ideas- they could even give you some ideas specific to your needs.
Good luck!
wow thank you i never thought of that! ill ask my coach too, thats a great idea! thanks!

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back