Gymnasts and Relationships

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

16? Thats harsh! Not really. I told my daughters somewhere between 35 and 45.:D

At our house, it's 35 with a chaperone! Flipper (10 going on 21) points out that mom and dad started dating before we were 16, and daddy says that 35 holds - he knows what he was thinking about and no young man is allowed to think like that about his daughter. Good luck with that! :eek:

Im 14, and have a boyfriend. Like somone posted earlier, its not really a relationship its more of a i like you, you like me, okay lets hold hands and go to the movies and football games together. its not like i have that much time for that either but when i do its nice and he understands that i practice 16hrs a week and gymnastics comes first right now. so really its up to your parents. and its not really dating just a hanging out. but its nice to be close to all kinds of people. even boys. even if they are only just your good friends.( and being friends may even be easier and more fun! MORAL: just talk to your parents =]

daddy says that 35 holds - he knows what he was thinking about and no young man is allowed to think like that about his daughter. Good luck with that! :eek:
All kidding aside... I think that is one of the few times where a man knows what he's talking about and the females of the house should pay close attention to that (not so much the 35yo part:p).

Like my own, many moms and daughters frequently blow that off whenever it's brought up by a father. Girls are too eager to grow up and moms can't wait to help them along (including dating because they think it's cute). Even though a gymnast has little time to date and most do have good heads on their shoulders, mistakes can easily happen when emotions are fixed in there.

Hope I didn't break any rule by bring that up here, even though it's probably appropriate for a thread like this -- especially now that everyone is 13 or older here.

And recently i decided i didnt have enough time at all. so now i just have friends and a crush =] and its true its much better by far.

Boys are so immature that I don't think it's worth it. Plus, like others have mentioned, it isn't really much of a relationship when you are 12-14ish. So I just don't think that it is worth it or even something that sounds remotely enticing(sp?), at least for me at the moment (I'm 14).

Boys are so immature that I don't think it's worth it. Plus, like others have mentioned, it isn't really much of a relationship when you are 12-14ish. So I just don't think that it is worth it or even something that sounds remotely enticing(sp?), at least for me at the moment (I'm 14).

Actually, there is a rare kind of guy, that isn't immature. One's actually my best friend:) He's nowhere near immature, he's a good listener. He never raises his voice, he always talks in this calm, quiet voice. Sometimes is scares me a little. Even when he's mad, and any other person would be yelling, he talks in this steady, quiet voice.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back