Gymnasts please read. Safety warning

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

The mods would like to remind all the gymnasts that we have over 5000 members on the Chalkbucket and probably many more lurkers. Not all of these people are here for the right reasons, and we know for sure that some are here for all the wrong reasons. We cannot know everything or in fact anything about the people who look here and therefore we would like to offer you some advice on how to keep youreself a little bit safer on here.

If you recieve a PM or a visitor message asking you personal details or about what meets you are going to or even to arrange a meet up at a meet, we would like you to forward the PM or link to the mods. If you feel even a little bit uncomfortable about any post or PM please let us know.

Try to limit the amount of personal info you put up. We love to read your meet reports after the meet, but try not to let people know where you are going to be competing.

To any adult member or lurker, asking a gymnast where their meets are or to arrange a meet up will result in banning. We have to protect our younger members and we cannot allow this to happen here. This behaviour between consenting adults is totally acceptable, but the gymnasts are not to be asked, EVER. Also remember the gymnasts forum is only for gymnasts!

Thanks for reading, stay safe on the Chalkbucket.

Bumping this as I want to make sure our gymnasts are reminded of this. Borisgym was banned this week for improper contact with a gymnast, based on our guidelines. Please stay safe here, not every member is here for the right reasons. Please PM either of the mods if you are feeling even slightly wierded out by a PM from any member.

Thanks soo much for this Bog!!!!!!!!! Everyone needs a reminder every now and then. Even though people can seem nice on the internet,they are only a preson behind a screen, and can be totally diferent in real life!

Bumping this as at least one of our gymnast members had creepy messages left on their profile pages. I have banned two members.

If this happens to you , do let GT or I know.

People asking if you have msn or myspace isn't okay. You need to know who people are before you contact people.

People asking if you have abs and photos of them, or if you can armwrestle is not okay. There are people who joining to groom young people for their own reasons. DO NOT be a statistic, tell us, tell your parents, tell someone who can tell us. STAY SAFE.

Last edited:
The mods would like to remind all the gymnasts that we have over 5000 members on the Chalkbucket and probably many more lurkers. Not all of these people are here for the right reasons, and we know for sure that some are here for all the wrong reasons. We cannot know everything or in fact anything about the people who look here and therefore we would like to offer you some advice on how to keep youreself a little bit safer on here.

If you recieve a PM or a visitor message asking you personal details or about what meets you are going to or even to arrange a meet up at a meet, we would like you to forward the PM or link to the mods. If you feel even a little bit uncomfortable about any post or PM please let us know.

Try to limit the amount of personal info you put up. We love to read your meet reports after the meet, but try not to let people know where you are going to be competing.

To any adult member or lurker, asking a gymnast where their meets are or to arrange a meet up will result in banning. We have to protect our younger members and we cannot allow this to happen here. This behaviour between consenting adults is totally acceptable, but the gymnasts are not to be asked, EVER. Also remember the gymnasts forum is only for gymnasts!

Thanks for reading, stay safe on the Chalkbucket.

Thanks for caring about our safety. <3

Bumping this again Yes it is an old thread, but this needs to be brought back up.

The admins banned a long time member last week. They had been here for at least three years pretending to be a female gymnast. Talking about leos, and fabrics and fit etc etc.

It turns out that the member was a German business man who is probably as old as I am.

As a mom of three kids I was horrified that someone would do this kind of thing on the CB, but deep down inside I realise that he is probably just one of many such people.

Please stay safe on the internet, people are not always who they seems to be. Please let the admins know if you feel anything is odd, off, creepy or just feels wrong. We will do our best to protect our gymnasts, but as you see it is not always easy to work out who is for real, and who is just here for there own odd gratification

Bumping this again. If you are under the age of 18 and have received PM's from adult members please let us know. This is not okay EVER and is against our rules. We cannot protect our members from what happens in the PM system, but we do try our best to educate them.

Parents please check with your gymmies if they are members.

Adult members please do remember that you must not PM a young member here. If you must then include me or another mod in the PM for safety's sake.

If a young member PM's you, then add a mod to the conversation using the add a member feature.

DON'T LURK... Join The Discussion!

Members see FEWER ads

Gymnaverse :: Recent Activity

College Gym News

Back